• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Age and Relationships

Tracalero

Legendary Poster
Best answers
What are your thoughts on it? I think that we all mature / progress at different rates, so its whatever. It is rather obvious that guys mature at a slower rate than girls as far as all that goes, so the guys tend to be older, but is there a number (aside from legal definitions) that can possibly state how much of a gap is too much? If not, what is your rule of thumb about age?

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Well 1st off...to me "young" or "old" dont constitute age...or atleast not in a number...2 me its more where ur mind is at...but at number "level"...naw I dont think that it matters...I mean age aint nuttin but a #...though it does kinda piss me off when I see all these lil girls with older dudes...and like I said age aint nuttin but a #...yet these niggas is like 3, 4, 5 and more yrs older than them....but then again what r mistakes 4??....2 learn 4rm them...why do we fall??....2 learn 2 get back up the right way...

Tracalero

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Well 1st off...to me "young" or "old" dont constitute age...or atleast not in a number...2 me its more where ur mind is at...but at number "level"...naw I dont think that it matters...I mean age aint nuttin but a #...though it does kinda piss me off when I see all these lil girls with older dudes...and like I said age aint nuttin but a #...yet these niggas is like 3, 4, 5 and more yrs older than them....but then again what r mistakes 4??....2 learn 4rm them...why do we fall??....2 learn 2 get back up the right way...

I feel ya...I just think that as a society, we fuck up putting numbers on stuff. If anything, it should all be done by IQ. Like the eve of 17 and the day of 18, its not like you turn into a butterfly...some 18 yr olds are idiots. Same goes for the 20-21 deal. Chit, I've known 35 yr olds who acted 12-15...

Idk, its just a big mess...all that said, I could see it being odd if the age difference was too great...but if it works for them, me vale lol...

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I feel ya...I just think that as a society, we fuck up putting numbers on stuff. If anything, it should all be done by IQ. Like the eve of 17 and the day of 18, its not like you turn into a butterfly...some 18 yr olds are idiots. Same goes for the 20-21 deal. Chit, I've known 35 yr olds who acted 12-15...

Idk, its just a big mess...all that said, I could see it being odd if the age difference was too great...but if it works for them, me vale lol...

Simon simon I know huh...some ppl b "old"...but dumb and some dudes b "young" but hella smart...its like SPM said "There's 13 yr old men, and 30 yr old kids"...aint nuttin wrong with actin like a kid...we all got it in us...and its healthy 4 the soul...yet 2 a certain degree know what mean

LOL....simon my "counselor' (@ school) , nurse, everything else...she used 2 b a guard at TYC (TX Youth Commission...juvi)...well anyways hse kind atripped out when I told her that Ana...was 19 ...me being 16...and I wa slike age aint nuttin but a #...and i 4got what she said but I was kinda like...wt...u know...and so have a few other pppl...idk....crazy how society is...

xchicax21x

Best answers

very true...but just cause..i think more than a 5 year difference is kinda bad...
when i see more than a five year gap...it just makes me wonder...something must be really wrong or really good...which one is it?

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
very true...but just cause..i think more than a 5 year difference is kinda bad...
when i see more than a five year gap...it just makes me wonder...something must be really wrong or really good...which one is it?

Simon simon...lol....yea either 1...usually...I mean what else can it b??...

lmaonade

Experienced Poster
Best answers
I think age is important, especially at younger ages where age difference is much more noticeable, or whatever. Like, a thiry-two year old dating a twenty-eight year old isn't bad. But what if you changed it to eighteen and fourteen? Those four years suddenly become a big deal.

Tracalero

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I think age is important, especially at younger ages where age difference is much more noticeable, or whatever. Like, a thiry-two year old dating a twenty-eight year old isn't bad. But what if you changed it to eighteen and fourteen? Those four years suddenly become a big deal.

True dat, if they're both at whatever levels of development that they are 'supposed' to be at....I guess thats what confounds me...How can numbers tell us so much when they tell us so little? Just cuz a person manages to not die for 18 years, doesnt really mean they're more mature / advanced than one of 14 yrs....

lmaonade

Experienced Poster
Best answers
Well, 18 is usually when people finish high school, which is supposed to prepare you for the real world. I'm not saying all eighteen year olds are mature, that's bullshit. But more often than not the 18 year old is going to be more mature than the 14 year old.

Tracalero

Legendary Poster
Best answers
So laws / social mores should be built around the more likely behaviour? Of course, all other things being equal the 18 is going to be far advanced from the 14 (though I'm not sure how much gender plays into this), but we all know that all things won't be equal. If they're not, why penalize peeps? (legally or looking down on them) It's like generalizing to take the thought out of the entire process...

Obviously there's a large portion of people that don't care either way, but they are quite outnumbered...

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
it is just a number but it depends..you cannot compare a 14 year old with a 30 year old.
me and my girl only 4 year apart..so thats great..LOL...

also in england the legal age is 16...why is that?

Dark Mexican

Legendary Poster
Best answers
age is just a number when your both legal, if my daughter was 13 n her man was 18 i would kick his ass n send her back to mexico

Dark Mexican

Legendary Poster
Best answers
it is just a number but it depends..you cannot compare a 14 year old with a 30 year old.
me and my girl only 4 year apart..so thats great..LOL...

also in england the legal age is 16...why is that?

the female body apparently reaches total growth at 16 give or take a few months, but in england nothing happens if u have sex under 16 nearly everyone i know did it before they were 16

cRyBaBy303

Best answers
personally.. its all bout the ppl who are in the realtionship... like for example when i was 18 i was with this 25 year old.. and he was immature and after that i figured i wanted sum1 younger.. so i wuz wit a 16 year old.. lol, i think younger boys are more mature den the older ones now day.. because alot of older guyz just play game and are all the same. and are so damn controlling and if they arent controlling they are jus to damn sensative.... ya we all want a guy that is but not one that crys and bitches about eveything. u know? so i think its really based on personal choice.... But u do gotta be carefull bcuz if ur older and u are into the younger ones den it could be a problem.. because where i live... i almost got in trouble 4 being wit a 17 year old when i was 18, but he lied and told me he was 18.... so i think its fine and age is just a number but the ppl in the government and shyt think different.. so i stand by ppl and what they decide because every1 could make thier own decision and should/can take responsability 4 thier actions... so basically its do what you do.

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
age is just a number when your both legal, if my daughter was 13 n her man was 18 i would kick his ass n send her back to mexico
Now see y would u that....its ok 2 protect ur daughter...of course...but if she needa' learn whatever lesson come outta that.,..she needa learn it herself...cant nobody learn it 4 her...but her...and you doing that would only make her more "scared" of telling u stuff...or living freely...bcuz her dad might go 2 the extremes...just my thoughts

cRyBaBy303

Best answers
Mr.Unique Does have a good point.. we have all had to experiance things for ourselfs and sooner or later our children will to.. u cant protect them 4rm everything.. they are not always goin to listen to u and care what u gotta say. As long as they are happy... why should age matter?

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Mr.Unique Does have a good point.. we have all had to experiance things for ourselfs and sooner or later our children will to.. u cant protect them 4rm everything.. they are not always goin to listen to u and care what u gotta say. As long as they are happy... why should age matter?

Simon simon....I mean kids is kids...u know all we can do as parents is put the best knowledge we can in their heads...the rest is up 2 them...bcuz no matter how much we try 2 control their lives....they will get more outta hands...what some ppl dont understand is...kids once they get something in the head real good...they will do it...and u trying 2 stop them will only make them wanna do it more....all we can do like i said give them our best advice...knowledge...what we think...and let them make the decision...and if they make a mistake...help them learn their lesson...we cannot live 4 them....

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad