• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Flag Burning

burn_flag.jpg

History...duh. ..i threw the nazi symbol for fun...makin fun of history..

"land of the free home of the slaves, indigenous holocaust and the home of the brave" - immortal technique

man, what a good topic!

i strongly believe in freedom of speech, so i would be a hipocrite if would say that i'm against it.

now, i must admit america has done alot of wrong in this world. and there are alot of internal problems as far as racism, but take this into consideration... in alot of countries you will get executed for burning the national flag; regardless of your race. in this country you might get a fine. so is this country really a present day indegenous holocaust?

maybe it is time for a new flag. somthing that we all can agree on, but can we all really agree on anything.

give me some feedback, i really want to know everyone's opinion on this.

Gotta think about this one ...... there's a lot of angles to the question.
Every nation should .... have some nationalism.Being born here and not knowing any other country , I'd be wrong to hate my own country. That would be like hating myself.
Is hating the flag (a symbol of the nation ) the same as hating the country ?
Some people see it that way, and go crazy if you burn the flag.
Others see it as just a piece of fabric.
What does it represent to whom ..... is a big part of the question.
Does it represent the people?..... or does it represent the government?

Obviously it doesn't mean the same thing to a holocaust survivor who emmigrated, as it would be to a native American.
How would people feel about burning a flag in front of some kid who just came back from Iraq with his legs blown off. ...
the enemies of America who did the Sept 11th attack would love to see
us burning our own flag. I think in todays world we need to be more united.
Still....theres a lot of questions there about free speech/expression...... gotta think some more about it.

mr T. what the hell ? u wanna burn the mexican flag..ok....mexico doesn't terrorist other countries, mexico isn't imperialistic..mexico isn't guilty in racism(Besides them crackas controled by the usa)...mexico is about culture and our people....and we are victims of da usa...reguardless of how many of our people come into the great meltin pot we call the AMERICA..
give me a reason nigga
GIVE ME A REASON
NIGGA

reasons aren't really the issue here, but if you wanted some reasons... the Mexican government treats it's people like crap, no racism in Mexico? How about those Memín Pinguín comics and stamps. Treatment of Guatemalans trying to enter Mexico. etc... No country is without sins.

burning the USA flag =OK?
burning Mexican flag = not OK?

personally I am against the burning of the AMERICAN flag by American citizens - it is a sign of disrespect. Yes I am for free speech. personally I wouldn't burn a flag of any country.

you do have a point on the mexican government treatin people like shit.....but as far as burnin it ok....go mess with the koreans ..this ain't no freak show...
why would anyone burn the american flag on american soil? free speech? c'mon nigga even O.J CAN'T DO THAT!

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad

Back