• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Have You noticed The Mexican Diaspora is More Assimilated these day?

Eric

Best answers
I find it more Assimilated and yet more willing to acknowledge they are Mexican instead of just saying they are Chicano or Mexican American. After all when someone looks at us they don't think American, as they should, if we are from here.

Rick

Legendary Poster
Best answers
It is a lot different these days. I always say Mexican, although I’m fully aware that it’s not a ethnicity. But an acknowledgment of a place my family originated from. But than again, many other Mexicans can also say American, because they have family that were here before the u.s stole the land from Mexico.

LETYM

Best answers
I don't wake up and say I'm Mexican. I only think about it when a person asks me where I'm from and I assume they mean nationality origin. I always say Mexican. even though i was born in America. I do find it funny when someone tries to hide the nopal :ROFLMAO: .

Best answers
Mexicans always remember their roots, even more so with the younger generation. Social media has a lot to do with it. I see it on TikTok and on other platforms. They share life experiences and everyday life. It's really are nice to see. Assimilation is not a bad thing either.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad