• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Why does Telemundo and Univision have mostly White Mexican or White Latino news anchors?

Best answers
Almost all their top news anchors are white Cubans or White Mexicans. any idea why they don't fully want to represent the average Mexican or Latino?

Juan

Best answers
I did a post about the very same thing.

It's an old colonial era approach used in India and in Africa during British Colonization. America is just implementing the same approach in its own country.

The divide and conquer strategy has been widely used throughout history. Both the Roman empire and the British empire played small tribes and groups against one another in order to control their lands and territories.

AMY

Best answers
Mostly old people watch Telemundo or Univision these days. My grandmother is the only person in our house that still watches news from t.v.

Margarita

Best answers
Mostly old people watch Telemundo or Univision these days. My grandmother is the only person in our house that still watches news from t.v.

Over years I've been more aware of what i watch on T.V, Most of the people on Spanish t.v are not your average Mexican. They are either white passing or white Cubans and almost all of them have main roles on the news or t.v show hosts.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad