• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

If you are a felon and looking for work try one of the local trade unions in L.A.

mendez1

Best answers
If you are a felon or just came out of jail, and are looking for work try one of the local trade unions in L.A. Like the plumbers union local 78, electricians union local 11, and a couple of others. Even though you maybe a felon they will hire you and train you to become a journeyman in a trade. You'll start at like $14 but when you are done you can make up to $36. I know a bit about this because my cousin is an electrician, and he did 7 years. When he got out he got into this and it totally changed his life. He told me when he first got out he couldn't even get hired by McDonalds because of his record, but the union took him in.

fish_surf

Best answers
You are correct mendez1. I was an electrician's union for five years and I saw many who served time (more than two years) get hired and trained. It seemed as though this union prided itself on thier program of rehabilitation or like some of the leaders used to say, "Everyone deserves a new start."

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad