• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

best latino/latina comedian

21gs

Best answers
id have to say pablo fransico even tho he does alot of the same jokes over

Ghost_303

Legendary Poster
Best answers
id have to say pablo fransico even tho he does alot of the same jokes over
yea dat vatos funny...la india maria is funny lol and cantiflas or however u spell da crazy foos name dey funny as fuck

( ^_^ )

Best answers
yea dat vatos funny...la india maria is funny lol and cantiflas or however u spell da crazy foos name dey funny as fuck

Since when does the la india maria or cantinflas do stand up comedy? Is this thread about comedians who do dope ass stand up comedy or comedians who act in movies?

Ghost_303

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Since when does the la india maria or cantinflas do stand up comedy? Is this thread about comedians who do dope ass stand up comedy or comedians who act in movies?[/quote]
do they not do movies or was everything i seen just a dream seriously people think about what you say before you push enter on shit

( ^_^ )

Best answers
Since when does the la india maria or cantinflas do stand up comedy? Is this thread about comedians who do dope ass stand up comedy or comedians who act in movies?[/quote]
do they not do movies or was everything i seen just a dream seriously people think about what you say before you push enter on shit

How about answering the question with an answer instead of with a question Opie. I think all that pot has gotten to your head that's why you're unable to distinguish fantasy from reality and and simply give an answer a straightforward question.

I think the intent of the thread starter was to talk about about great comedians who do great stand up comedy but I may be wrong and it could possibly encompass all types of comedy

Ghost_303

Legendary Poster
Best answers
How about answering the question with an answer instead of with a question Opie. I think all that pot has gotten to your head that's why you're unable to distinguish fantasy from reality and and simply give an answer a straightforward question.

I think the intent of the thread starter was to talk about about great comedians who do great stand up comedy but I may be wrong and it could possibly encompass all types of comedy
yea i read your first post wrong i read a and instead of a or my bad on dat one my fault

Isabella999

Best answers
George Lopez.

I saw him on a show called "The View" over the Christmas holidays and he told an odd joke. He was talking about the upcoming "Survivor" I think. The joke was, "It's all about 20 White people being put on a desert island. Well, it's not enough but it's a start." The mostly White audience laughed. The co hosts who were mostly White laughed and I'm thinking Why do they think it's funny? If it was a White comedian saying, "Well 20 Blacks (or 20 Mexicans) on a desert island, it's not enough but it's a start" would Blacks and Mexicans laugh?

mendez1

Best answers
I saw him on a show called "The View" over the Christmas holidays and he told an odd joke. He was talking about the upcoming "Survivor" I think. The joke was, "It's all about 20 White people being put on a desert island. Well, it's not enough but it's a start." The mostly White audience laughed. The co hosts who were mostly White laughed and I'm thinking Why do they think it's funny? If it was a White comedian saying, "Well 20 Blacks (or 20 Mexicans) on a desert island, it's not enough but it's a start" would Blacks and Mexicans laugh?
I don't know. Was there more to the joke. That vato Jeff Garcia on this page is funny to. Check him out.

Isabella999

Best answers
I don't know. Was there more to the joke. That vato Jeff Garcia on this page is funny to. Check him out.

No, that was it as far as that joke went. You know how comics are- they go from one thing to another quickly, but I caught it and thought it was offensive. I'm not familiar with Jeff Garcia, I'll check him out.

SoyCatracho

Experienced Poster
Best answers

I don't think many of us would laugh. Blacks and/or Mexicans, that is. If a comment like that was made by a White comedian about Blacks, you can rest assured that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over it.

Is that hypocritical of us?

mendez1

Best answers
I don't think many of us would laugh. Blacks and/or Mexicans, that is. If a comment like that was made by a White comedian about Blacks, you can rest assured that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over it.

I don't think so. Whites make jokes about us all the time. Real mean ones as well. Go into a n outhouse on a construction site, and you'll see all the stuff they have to say about us. Like the urinal is a Mexican sink. The shitter is a Mexican space shuttle. So I know thats how they feel about us. So when we make fun of them I love it. And when they are brave and say something about us, I love it when they get crushed.

Isabella999

Best answers

As half White I thought the joke was offensive, but I wouldn't want George Lopez to have to go through a lawsuit over it. Sometimes comedy is hard to get right and sometimes racial humor can be funny but it has to be just right and I wouldn't want to touch it.

Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor could do it well I think. They would often compare the races in a funny way using all the stereotypes. Still I don't think Whites could get away with it to even the degree that they sometimes did.

There's definitely a double standard there that I don't like. I couldn't believe no one seemed to catch the George Lopez thing. I can't even find it referenced on the net. Not that in actuality it should be a big deal, but as you say if it was reversed it WOULD be a big deal. That was my opinion too.

SoyCatracho

Experienced Poster
Best answers
I don't think so. Whites make jokes about us all the time. Real mean ones as well. Go into a n outhouse on a construction site, and you'll see all the stuff they have to say about us. Like the urinal is a Mexican sink. The shitter is a Mexican space shuttle. So I know thats how they feel about us. So when we make fun of them I love it. And when they are brave and say something about us, I love it when they get crushed.

Cracking jokes at work and with acquaintances is one thing because you pretty much know what is considered acceptable humor and what can leave you getting your ass kicked beforehand.

Getting on camera or in front of an audience is different. Only because you don't know how your humor will be received by all the people who will see or hear about your routine.

Kinda like Imus's comment about nappyheaded hos. If he was chilling at the bar with his acquaintances (black and white) and made that crack, it probably would have been laughed off. But instead he chose the wrong forum and had to deal with the backlash.

SoyCatracho

Experienced Poster
Best answers
As half White I thought the joke was offensive, but I wouldn't want George Lopez to have to go through a lawsuit over it. Sometimes comedy is hard to get right and sometimes racial humor can be funny but it has to be just right and I wouldn't want to touch it.

Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor could do it well I think. They would often compare the races in a funny way using all the stereotypes. Still I don't think Whites could get away with it to even the degree that they sometimes did.

There's definitely a double standard there that I don't like. I couldn't believe no one seemed to catch the George Lopez thing. I can't even find it referenced on the net. Not that in actuality it should be a big deal, but as you say if it was reversed it WOULD be a big deal. That was my opinion too.

There is definitely a double standard. If the roles were reversed there would probably be an uproar.

Do you think that is hypocritical on our part?

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad