• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Mexican American Politics Congressional Hispanic Caucus Rejects Mexican-Born Congresswoman Because She Is Republican

Freddy

Administrator
Staff member
Best answers
Rep. Mayra Flores said her rejection 'once again proves a bias toward conservative Latinas that don't fit their narrative or ideology.'

"As the first Mexican-born Congresswoman to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives, I thought joining the Congressional Hispanic Caucus would be a constructive way to build bridges and work in a bipartisan manner on behalf of our constituents. I was wrong. This denial once again proves a bias towards conservative Latinas that don’t fit their narrative or ideology," Flores told Townhall.

Hazer

Best answers
I know this is not politically correct, but Mexican Americans have more in common with Republicans than Democrats today. Jobs and traditional family values are much more critical than "woke" movements currently being pushed by Democrats.

Make no mistake, immigration is still very much important for many Mexicans. Still, Mexicans today immigrate less than other groups of people, and that tendency is expected to continue, as Mexico's population ages and wages in Mexico increase, thus making staying in Mexico more attractive than going to the U.S and participating in the rat race.

Last edited:
Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad