• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

How long has man been on earth?

sunsagleaming

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Humans have spread across the entire planet, colonizing every corner. But humans have really been on the planet for a fraction of the lifetime of the Earth. Archeologists estimate that modern humans have been on the Earth for about 200,000 years.Humans are a member of a species of bipedal primates in the family Hominidae. You, me and everyone on Earth is a homo sapiens. This is Latin for the term, "wise human". As humans, we have a highly developed brain, a bipedal gait, and opposable thumbs.
It's believed that humans originated about 200,000 years ago in the Middle Paleolithic period in southern Africa. By 70,000 years ago, humans migrated out of Africa and began colonizing the entire planet. They spread to Eurasia and Oceania 40,000 years ago, and reached the Americas by 14,500 years ago.
One of the oldest sites of human settlement is located at Middle Awash in Ethiopia, where humans lived 160,000 years ago.

http://www.universetoday.com/guide-to-space/earth/how-long-have-humans-been-on-earth/

JagPaw99

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Interesting.So according to Universe Today man has been here a shitload of years before the(Christian myth) Adam & Eve were supposedly created,i.e. 6,000 years ago...and not from the Middle East either.

anyhow,160,000 years is what I came up with for the modern human...for some reason the years keep getting pushed back.

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Interesting.So according to Universe Today man has been here a shitload of years before the(Christian myth) Adam & Eve were supposedly created,i.e. 6,000 years ago...and not from the Middle East either.

anyhow,160,000 years is what I came up with for the modern human...for some reason the years keep getting pushed back.

Scientist aren't for sure Esse. It could be anywhere from 250,00 to 150,000 years since man stop becoming a Mayate.

Anyways that Old news... Christian Mythology are just stories. Just like some Aztec God making a white mono and a brown mono.

You know another thing I find funny. They say Africa is the cradle of civilization and you would expect for them to be leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else. Yet it seems like the complete opposite.

CaMbA_L?K?

Legendary Poster
Best answers

http://www.watchtower.org/e/19980622/article_01.htm
It seems that humans have an identity problem. Evolutionist Richard Leakey observes: "For centuries philosophers have dealt with aspects of humanness, of humanity. But, surprisingly, there is no agreed-upon definition of the quality of humanness."
However, the Copenhagen Zoo boldly gave its opinion by way of an exhibit in its primate house. The 1997 Britannica Book of the Year explains: "A Danish couple moved into temporary living quarters at the zoo with the intention of reminding visitors of their close kinship to the apes."
Reference works give credence to such an alleged close kinship of certain animals with humans. The World Book Encyclopedia, for example, says: "Human beings, along with apes, lemurs, monkeys, and tarsiers, make up the order of mammals called primates."
Yet, the fact is, humans are brimming with unique traits that do not fit the animal mold. Among these are love, conscience, morality, spirituality, justice, mercy, humor, creativity, awareness of time, self-awareness, aesthetic appreciation, concern for the future, the ability to accumulate knowledge over generations, and the hope that death is not the ultimate end of our existence.
In an attempt to reconcile these traits with the animal mold, some point to evolutionary psychology, which is an amalgam of evolution, psychology, and social science. Has evolutionary psychology shed light on the puzzle of human nature?
NO, IT IS MORE COMPLICATED!

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
how wur humans made? what do scientist think

They weren't made. They just changed forms from something prior to it. The form that survived was guided by Natural Selection IE survival of the strongest. Simply a Law of nature.

Is a Tree made or does it grown?

n3na-n-p3lon

Legendary Poster
Best answers
scientists believe we evolved from monkeyz...lol n from da bible god created eve n adam.... idk which one to believe??? am so confused... relli... agh i hate wen it comes to science n den god's believes....

LilKrypsta

Best answers
would if there waz people simmilar to us that live way b4 our time...any 1's time....think about it.....pce

( ^_^ )

Best answers
If you believe in fairy tales like the Holy Bible then we been on earth for about 6,000 years [crazy]

Last edited:

bLAzE

Experienced Poster
Best answers
scientists believe we evolved from monkeyz...lol n from da bible god created eve n adam.... idk which one to believe??? am so confused... relli... agh i hate wen it comes to science n den god's believes....
[YOUTUBE]2NyPeDLQNFA[/YOUTUBE]

Humans have spread across the entire planet, colonizing every corner. But humans have really been on the planet for a fraction of the lifetime of the Earth. Archeologists estimate that modern humans have been on the Earth for about 200,000 years.Humans are a member of a species of bipedal primates in the family Hominidae. You, me and everyone on Earth is a homo sapiens. This is Latin for the term, "wise human". As humans, we have a highly developed brain, a bipedal gait, and opposable thumbs.
It's believed that humans originated about 200,000 years ago in the Middle Paleolithic period in southern Africa. By 70,000 years ago, humans migrated out of Africa and began colonizing the entire planet. They spread to Eurasia and Oceania 40,000 years ago, and reached the Americas by 14,500 years ago.
One of the oldest sites of human settlement is located at Middle Awash in Ethiopia, where humans lived 160,000 years ago.

http://www.universetoday.com/guide-to-space/earth/how-long-have-humans-been-on-earth/

ewww please dont use the word human, use man as stated on the topic title. :)
[YOUTUBE]_HfsKO22Ycc[/YOUTUBE]

Thumper Pomona

Legendary Poster
Best answers
very intresting were does the suppernatural come in..... like aleins... im mean extra teresterial...

bLAzE

Experienced Poster
Best answers
very intresting were does the suppernatural come in..... like aleins... im mean extra teresterial...
well pretty much now that we know about dna and genes, the logical question is, who genetically engineered us? and aliens are a possibility.

n3na-n-p3lon

Legendary Poster
Best answers
man yu kno wut i dnt believe none of dis shit its got me all confused! am just gonna go n sleep am tired n who da heel knos how long we been here...

( ^_^ )

Best answers
^ Everyday must be the longest days of your life since you spend alot of time creating multiple user accounts to troll on this site [crazy]

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad