• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Latino high schoolers compete for scholarships

Latino

Best answers
(Columbia) April 22, 2006 - In the US, only about 40 percent of latinos finish high schools. A competition on Saturday encouraged Latina girls to set their sights on higher education.
Twelve middle and high school girls competed in the Miss Teen Latina Scholarship Competition at the USC law school.

Four girls were awarded scholarships, with the top scholarship for middle schoolers being $350 and $2,000 for high schoolers.

The money will be used for college and educational enrichment programs.

This is the second year the competition has been held by the non -profit organization Leer.

Organizers say it's more than pretty dresses and makeup. They say it's designed to keep these young ladies in school.

As part of the competition, the girls had to write an essay, focus on their education and take part in confidence-building excercises.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4803109&nav=LXhh

Best answers
Congrats to me!

Damn, dat's tyte! Dis is my last year of sko n i got 3 mo days n sko so i gotta make da most of it. i graduate on da 2nd of June n i'm gonna throw a graduation party on da 11th. So hell yea, i'm gonna go all out! Well i'm a 3 yr. graduate n just dis past wednesday i received a scholarship up to $2,000.00, so i'm straight wit dat n on August, i'm gonna take my azz to college to have a career pathway as a registered nurse. i'm one krazy azz female, but a smart azz one too! i don't wanna live a fuked up life, dat's da reason i do what i gotta do n get it ova wit n do somethang wit my life! u feel me...
N if n e 1 of ya n sko... keep it up! Remember... always keep yo feet on da ground, but keep reachin' fo da stars! n don't let n e 1 tell u can't do it, cuz if u put yo mind to it, u'll suceed n life. Good Luck n take care!!

Last edited:
Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad