• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

New mexico or texas. Where should i move to?

Best answers
I am a Latino-American from NY. I am looking to find a place to live in the South West, but up here you hear all these horrible stories(anti-Mexicans stuff), and so I am afraid of going there and getting persecuted by racists with cowboy hats, even killed. I was not born in Mexico though. I was born in the U.S.

Are my fears unwarranted? I want o place a nice little manufactured house on an empty lot, maybe off the grid acreage. I was looking at Rio Rancho, but i have no idea what that is like. I am afraid also, if i go into an area with too many Latinos, then maybe I wind-up in the ghetto, and if I go to an area with too many anglos, then maybe I get shot.

I also have episodes of asthma, so I wonder if any asthmatics can give input as well.

Please , intelligent and detailed answers only. I'll attach the types of homes i have in mind to buy and position somewhere.

Thank you.

Best answers
The only forum for Latinos and you cannot even get a bloody response. Man this is a lame forum. You could search for hours for a Latino forum and find nothing but this, and as could be expected, you do not get a response.

I guess I am in the wrong place. The last response to a thread i got initially was as dumb as this site.

J.Ruiz

Best answers
Do research...A Lot of Research.....before making a life choice like relocating......but im sure ur already doing that...cool.......Texas is not bad...you wont get killed by white guys in cowboy hats...they're too busy drinking coffee at starbucks lol....'joking'......in texas, there are place where u can live in private...with trees and open land.....now New Mexico...i cant say anything about that place cuz ive never been there.........but research is key.

Eterniti

Best answers
New Mexico is my best bet. Texas is one of the 2nd most racist state behind Alabama. Tons of racists! I hate it here.

Last edited:

z123

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I am a Latino-American from NY. I am looking to find a place to live in the South West, but up here you hear all these horrible stories(anti-Mexicans stuff), and so I am afraid of going there and getting persecuted by racists with cowboy hats, even killed. I was not born in Mexico though. I was born in the U.S.

Are my fears unwarranted? I want o place a nice little manufactured house on an empty lot, maybe off the grid acreage. I was looking at Rio Rancho, but i have no idea what that is like. I am afraid also, if i go into an area with too many Latinos, then maybe I wind-up in the ghetto, and if I go to an area with too many anglos, then maybe I get shot.

I also have episodes of asthma, so I wonder if any asthmatics can give input as well.

Please , intelligent and detailed answers only. I'll attach the types of homes i have in mind to buy and position somewhere.

Thank you.

Ok first of all u say u wanna move cuz of too much racism goin on where u at.
But den go on to say dis......"if i go into an area with too many Latinos, then maybe I wind-up in the ghetto"
So wat is dat bout? u think all latinos live in da ghetto?
Dats scandalous!

T

TheTruthIs

I'm guessing more mexican Americans are killed each year by other mexicans/mexican Americans than by "White cowboys"- try researching that one.

HERO

Legendary Poster
Best answers
The only forum for Latinos and you cannot even get a bloody response. Man this is a lame forum. You could search for hours for a Latino forum and find nothing but this, and as could be expected, you do not get a response.

I guess I am in the wrong place. The last response to a thread i got initially was as dumb as this site.

i found this forum searching for mexican forums.

HERO

Legendary Poster
Best answers
if i were you i would move to california . they don't shoot mexicans there like in texas.

HAVOC

Experienced Poster
Best answers
new mexico and Texas?
who da hell makes their home there by choice??

sunsagleaming

Legendary Poster
Best answers

Thank you.

i have lived in the southwest and i can assure you that you will fit in just fine being latino. no need to worry about being shot by white ppl . your obviously chicano by your command of the english language. if you can speak spanish, good, and if not i would learn asap.

SEND YOUR KIDS (if you have any) TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS if you can afford it cuz the public ones are shit. live in a gated community if you can, or be prepared to put bars on your windows etc. there is a ton of crime out there.

chicano

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I'd me more worried about the mexican cartels kidnapping you. A lot of them jumping the border just to kidnap people from the US, and selling them back for ransom, if you don't pay back then your head gets chopped off, but if you still want to move, I'd say go to new mexico...in texas they put you in the chair for the most stupidest shit.

JagPaw99

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I'd me more worried about the mexican cartels kidnapping you. A lot of them jumping the border just to kidnap people from the US, and selling them back for ransom, if you don't pay back then your head gets chopped off, but if you still want to move, I'd say go to new mexico...in texas they put you in the chair for the most stupidest shit.
you ever been to New Mexico?

slither

Experienced Poster
Best answers
as texan born and breed i say texas.....yes we are a hard ass state but no where else are you allowed to defend yourself/property like you can here......we have no alimony/palimony laws so once your are divorced it's really over.......we are the most bilingual culture i've lived in.......we get along with everyone but it is true step out of line and this state can be a hostile one......we are just as liberal as we are conservative......we have some of the best colleges and more then any other state.....religion plays a big part in our lives and can overflow into our politics....right now we are one of the few strong-holds that is surviving the reccesion.......in fact here in san antonio this week we had record breaking tourists.........we have entertained the idea of seceding from the union and at the rate some politicians are talking i say in the next 20-30 years it could be to a vote........with that said do your homework..........y'all come back now y'hear[wavey]

Brown3y3z

Best answers
Do research...A Lot of Research.....before making a life choice like relocating......but im sure ur already doing that...cool.......Texas is not bad...you wont get killed by white guys in cowboy hats...they're too busy drinking coffee at starbucks lol....'joking'......in texas, there are place where u can live in private...with trees and open land.....now New Mexico...i cant say anything about that place cuz ive never been there.........but research is key.

i agree its not bad here

New Mexico is my best bet. Texas is one of the 2nd most racist state behind Alabama. Tons of racists! I hate it here.
[no] not true

new mexico and Texas?
who da hell makes their home there by choice??

lol i agree

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
LOL you're not going to get shot by whitie or hanged or dragged in the streets. This isn't the 1900s lol.

El Paso TX and south Texas is pretty ghetto. I feel Houston is ghetto too. San Antonio, Austin and Dallas are probably best. They are also more Liberal cities which means they are more minority friendly.

I moved from Laredo TX to Dallas TX. Dallas is nice but everyone hangs with their own I've been noticing. (Even Hispanic people here are divided from each other) Lot of snobby people here to.

http://www.city-data.com/ has the best information on any US city.

Last edited:
Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad