• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

What do Mexicans think of all the foreigners moving to Mexico?

Best answers
What do Mexicans think of all the foreigners moving to Mexico? asking for a friend :giggle:

AMY

Best answers
I don’t see a problem at all, I’m actually surprised the media made a big thing about a few random “notes” found in Mexico City. I guess it was a slow news day.

Flex

Best answers
Mexico City has seen a huge influx of ex-pats and digital nomads, with almost 9 million Mexicans in the City. I know Americans like to think they are at the center of the universe, but even 100k ex-pats doesn't register as something the average Mexican thinks about.

Mexico City is one of Mexico's most diverse and is considered an International city, as it has many people working from South America, Europe, and Asia. The U.S media has a way of distorting news, unfortunately.

Elsa

Best answers
Overall, 10 million American tourists arrived in Mexico by air through September, an increase of almost 24% from the same period in 2019, according to the CICOTUR research center at Anahuac University. International tourists overall spent $17.7 billion in Mexico through August of this year, 13% more than in the same period in 2019, according to the tourism ministry.

Many of these travelers stay for weeks or months at a time to work remotely, but there are no official numbers on how many because they’re a “population that tends to be too mobile to be counted,” said Ariel Ruiz Soto, a policy analyst at the Washington-based Migration Policy Institute.
expats.PNG
From the looks of it, this trend is starting to increase.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad