• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Flag Burning

you do have a point on the mexican government treatin people like shit.....but as far as burnin it ok....go mess with the koreans ..this ain't no freak show...
why would anyone burn the american flag on american soil? free speech? c'mon nigga even O.J CAN'T DO THAT!

I don't won't to burn the Mexican flag, the reason why I showed that picture was to see if it changed the "I don't care opinions" (and because people ASSUMED I meant the US flag).

If flag burning can be considered freedom of speech, I'd say it's a poor choice at best.
There are better ways of saying what needs to be said than burning someone's flag , whatever the country is.A flag means too much to
too many people......... so your insulting people you don't even know.
Maybe it could be considered hate speech...... same as burning a Koran might be.
In some countries where they really DONT have freedom of speech ,
they would probably laugh at that idea cause they are more concerned
with real issues.
In the U.S. you can hold a rally, rent a hall , post flyers , even get media
coverage if you want to criticize the government,or just bring any issue to public attention.
You can't very well do that in Saudi Arabia , China, Cuba, .......etc.
I think people who fight for the right to burn the U.S. flag in protest(I've heard of them),are
showing that they don't have much respect for other people in the world who really have to struggle to have their voice heard and what they're going through.

Three Yale students arrested for burning U.S. flag

1 hour, 40 minutes ago

Three Yale University students, including a Briton and a Greek national, have been charged in a case involving the burning of a U.S. flag outside a Connecticut house, a court official said on Wednesday.

Said Hyder Akbar, 23, Nikolaos Angelopoulos, 19, and Farhad Anklesaria, 19, were arrested on Tuesday and charged in New Haven Superior Court with reckless endangerment, arson, breach of peace, criminal mischief and other offenses.

Police said the three torched a flag hanging from the porch of a house in New Haven near the Ivy League school.

Anklesaria is British and Angelopoulos is Greek. Both are freshmen. Akbar, a senior, was born in Pakistan but is a U.S. citizen, according to police and court documents. Anklesaria and Angelopoulos turned over their passports.

Police gave no indication why they set fire to the flag. The trio acknowledged it was a "dumb thing to do" when questioned by police, the New Haven Register reported.

They appeared in court in leg irons and handcuffs, the newspaper said. Bail was set at $25,000 for Angelopoulos and Akbar, and $15,000 for Anklesaria, it added.

Akbar worked as an informal translator for U.S. forces during the 2001 invasion of Afghanistan and later published a memoir, "Come Back to Afghanistan," about his experiences there, the Yale Daily News reported.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1989 that flag burning was protected under constitutional free-speech guarantees, invalidating laws in 48 states and outraging veterans' groups and others who say that an important national symbol should be protected from defacement.

"It makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone would burn the American flag," Marc Suraci, 37, owner of the two-story house, told the Register, describing himself as "very, very patriotic."

let's add a new twist to this discussion...
burnmexflag_1_.jpgthumb.jpg

after almost two months of living hell, i stood before the american flag. i heard the national anthem, and felt thousands of eyes peering down from the stands. goose bumps covered my body, and tears engulfed my eyes. and for that moment i felt proud to be american.my hard work and sacrifice payed off.

i was now part of an elite team ready to sacrifice my life to protect our way of life. protect those who burn flags, protect those that say the word "nigger". protect those who wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning everyday to earn 5.15 an hour. protect the people who believe in america, and those who don't. protect all people indiscriminately.

but the truth is this. the blood that is shed out in the fields of battle, is red. always red. the exterior of an american is irrelevant to an enemy force. yet, we, black brown, white, red brothers and sisters are willing to to take the ultimate sacrifice, so the people back in the states have the right to turn this issue into a discussion.

the 1st amendment guarantees the freedom of speech. and flag burning is covered under that right. and as long as red blood is being shed to protect these rights, practice what you wish. but keep this in mind, there have daughters, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters who have sacrificed their lives in great wars. they were buried with a replica of old glory. and their flag draped casket was lowered 6 feet below surface. although the symbolic meaning might vary from person to person, remember change is imminant.

the flames of a burning flag represent the close of an era, and the begining of somthing new. i am all for reform. but i will never spit in the face of those who are no longer here. it's called respect.

so if you don't like the flag, that's cool. create your own and fly the shit out of it.

but i will always fly old glory on a brown stick. the backbone to the red white and blue!

good stuff

after almost two months of living hell, i stood before the american flag. i heard the national anthem, and felt thousands of eyes peering down from the stands. goose bumps covered my body, and tears engulfed my eyes. and for that moment i felt proud to be american.my hard work and sacrifice payed off.

i was now part of an elite team ready to sacrifice my life to protect our way of life. protect those who burn flags, protect those that say the word "nigger". protect those who wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning everyday to earn 5.15 an hour. protect the people who believe in america, and those who don't. protect all people indiscriminately.

but the truth is this. the blood that is shed out in the fields of battle, is red. always red. the exterior of an american is irrelevant to an enemy force. yet, we, black brown, white, red brothers and sisters are willing to to take the ultimate sacrifice, so the people back in the states have the right to turn this issue into a discussion.

the 1st amendment guarantees the freedom of speech. and flag burning is covered under that right. and as long as red blood is being shed to protect these rights, practice what you wish. but keep this in mind, there have daughters, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters who have sacrificed their lives in great wars. they were buried with a replica of old glory. and their flag draped casket was lowered 6 feet below surface. although the symbolic meaning might vary from person to person, remember change is imminant.

the flames of a burning flag represent the close of an era, and the begining of somthing new. i am all for reform. but i will never spit in the face of those who are no longer here. it's called respect.

so if you don't like the flag, that's cool. create your own and fly the shit out of it.

but i will always fly old glory on a brown stick. the backbone to the red white and blue!

good stuff, mis respetos...

i think chicanos get upset when we see the mexican flag being burned, because to us the flag represents the people of mexico, and not their government.

if there was a flag that represented just the crooked ass mexican government, i would light that mother fucker on fire, and piss on the ashes.

i think chicanos get upset when we see the mexican flag being burned, because to us the flag represents the people of mexico, and not their government.

if there was a flag that represented just the crooked ass mexican government, i would light that mother fucker on fire, and piss on the ashes.

WORD..U speak truth dawg

As everyone already knows, the only objective to burning a flag is to deliver a message of hate. Though the action itself may seem harmless because the object is inanimate, most hatred is fueld this way. We should also consider the fact that the symbol itself, is generally intended to represent a desire to see the demise of the culture which it represents.

What angers many Americans is when illegal immigrants or first generation immigrants are burning the American flag, on American soil. Would you go to a job interview and spit in the interviewer's face? That's what these people are doing when they burn the American flag. If the US represents so many things which you abhor, then why try to gain citizenship? There are plenty of other places to live in this world.

What angers many Americans is when illegal immigrants or first generation immigrants are burning the American flag, on American soil. Would you go to a job interview and spit in the interviewer's face? That's what these people are doing when they burn the American flag. If the US represents so many things which you abhor, then why try to gain citizenship? There are plenty of other places to live in this world.

good luck in getting a response to that question.

Flag burning=WRONG
It's a symbol of someone's heritage, even if it contains Nazi symbols or it stands for racial inequality.
Would you be alright if I burnt your car if it represents you?
Is a flag too much more different?

Hate begets Violence. Violence begets revenge. Revenge begets War

Flag burning isn't wrong. I don't support it, but I think people should have the option of burning the flag if they have a valid reason to do it.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad

Back