• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Hispanic/Latinos false identities

Latin culture... mmm Ok I dont know how explain it to you but here is something that maybe can... Ok firstly Im not mexican, im not chicano... im bolivian and im sure other latinos from other countries would agree with when they read this.. it was made to make latin ppl laugh but it doesn't mean that its not true...... trust me this is true... somethings are just stereotype but for some ppl its true..

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A LATINO IF...

- You have ever been spanked with chanclas.

- You have later been spanked with the plancha chord.

- You know your mom is sneaking up on you because you can hear her chanclas on the linoleum floor.

- Your mother yells at the top of her lungs to call you to dinner and you only live in a one bedroom apartment.

- You can get to your house blindfolded by the smell of the chuletas.

- You light a candle the night of the Lotto drawing.

- You get scared whenever someone mentions "el cucuuuuiii".

- You gone to the Pulga every weekend for years. Two points if you actually enjoy it!)

- You have gone to Tia's house and passed through the beaded curtain in the living room.

- You step into a house that has all those little figurines taking up every inch of space on/under the TV and you have a porcelain cat, dog, Buddha or elephant in your livingroom.

- You have plastic slipcovers on your sofas.

- You swear "Choco Mil" is the same as Slim Fast and try to lose weight by drinking it.

- You have a perpetually drunk uncle

- You know at least one person in your family named Maria, Carlos,Papo, Juan, Jose, Tony, Tito or Luis.

- You not only know who Don Francisco from Sabado Gigante is, but you tell people he's your tio.

- You have ever had to -beepiar- a friend on their pager.

- You have told your kid not to walk the floor barefoot or they'll catch a cold.

- You go to a wedding or Quiencienera, gossip about how bad the comida is, but be the first to take a plato to go.

- You drink all beer with limon and salt. (Two extra points for a splash of Tapatio)

- You have a chola in your barrio named "La Flaca: who's bigger than a house.

- You have a cousin named "Guero" who's darker than night.

- You know a chola named "La Shy Girl" who is loud and obnoxious.

- You've tried to bring a mango back to the US from Mexico, and a bonus point if you actually made it all the way home with it.

- You have sat in a two-passenger car with over seven people in it.

- You have at least TWO statues of saints in your house (and a bonus point if one of them La Virgen de Guadalupe).

- You get anothers attention by saying "chhh chhh" or "Pssssst."

- You drive a Cheby- (Chevy), an -Ohsmobeel- (Oldsmobile) or a Bolswahgon (VolksWagon)

- You call your sneakers -tenis- .

- Your car has fifteen speakers in it and you fix it every weekend.

And last, but not least...

- Your grandmother thinks she has the miracle cure for everything.
The people who are forced into this ?cage? of Hispanic/Latino do not have one racial identity (or one cultural/national identity) in common, nor do we have one heritage or history in common, no cuisine or art in common, and no **genetics or blood group in common. Colonialism is the only thing that we have in common, and in this the colonialists are not the equals of the colonized and we are not deriving the same benefits as the colonizer, they exploit and we are exploited.

Come On, We HAVE Nothin In Common?? Last Saturday I Saw Some Documental About Mayas And I Heard The Word "pacHa Mama" While They Were Speaking And You Know What Here In Bolivia The West Bolivian Are Descendent Of Incas And They Still Speaking Their Language That Is "quechua" And They Make Ceremonies To The "pacha Mama" That Means Mother Earth. I Tink Aztecs, Mayas And Incas, The Three Most Famous Culture In Latin America Were Once One Race And Culture Before Arriving In This Continent The Same As My Ancestors The Guaranies From The Amazon Jungle...

Im Not Saying Indigenous At All Beacuse Of Im Dark Skinned But I Have A Spanish Last Name, I Don't Forget My Roots And To Call Latino Myself Has Nothing To Do With Trying To Hide My Real Race...

Come On, We HAVE Nothin In Common?? Last Saturday I Saw Some Documental About Mayas And I Heard The Word "pacHa Mama" While They Were Speaking And You Know What Here In Bolivia The West Bolivian Are Descendent Of Incas And They Still Speaking Their Language That Is "quechua" And They Make Ceremonies To The "pacha Mama" That Means Mother Earth. I Tink Aztecs, Mayas And Incas, The Three Most Famous Culture In Latin America Were Once One Race And Culture Before Arriving In This Continent The Same As My Ancestors The Guaranies From The Amazon Jungle...

Im Not Saying Indigenous At All Beacuse Of Im Dark Skinned But I Have A Spanish Last Name, I Don't Forget My Roots And To Call Latino Myself Has Nothing To Do With Trying To Hide My Real Race...
I think I was talking about the Europeans us champ.

There we go champ! represent who you are, dont hide it.Indigenous moving foward.

i told you im not hiding it... latino don't mean a race any more its a culture of different countries having at least 1 thing in common... their mixed blood.

Let Me Remember You That Latino Doesn't Mean Latin The Langauge Of Romans ..... Now It Is A Culture .. And You Know I Dont Want To Discuss Any More About It... Im Sure A Lot Of Ppl Out There Agree With Me ... So Wtf...

Let Me Remember You That Latino Doesn't Mean Latin The Langauge Of Romans ..... Now It Is A Culture .. And You Know I Dont Want To Discuss Any More About It... Im Sure A Lot Of Ppl Out There Agree With Me ... So Wtf...
Yes many converts,colonized vendidos think like you!! Accepting the genocide of our people.Its sad that you people say your brown and proud but accept the white mans labeling.Latino/Hispanic WTF. It is people like you that keep us oppressed.You will never get accepted by them no matter how hard you try to identify yourself with their labels.Without A doubt you are A collaborator!!!

who are you to tell me that?? you don't know me ...
and better saying ppl like me keep many countries in one culture.... LATINOS !!!

Last edited:
Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad

Back