• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Hispanic/Latinos false identities

JAGUAR PAW

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Today...

<H4 class=blogSubject><FONT color=#ffffff> Today...<H4 class=blogSubject><EM><FONT color=red>Many of our people in what Europeans call "

JAGUAR PAW

Legendary Poster
Best answers
no espeak enlish
"Hispanic/Latino: False Identities"

Today...
Many of our people in what Europeans call "Latin America", think that they are Hispanic and Latino. You hear these words a lot in the media, but our people from these so-called "Latin American" countries just hear these damn words on the radio, t.v., and see them in the newspaper, and they start to think that they are Hispanic and Latino. Our people are very ignorant of the truth, and that's really sad because they can't really think on their own, so the media does it for them. Here are some examples of the uses of these false labels. In Phoenix, AZ there is a newspaper written by our people that speak the Spanish language, called "Prensa Hispana" In Phoenix we also have a radio station called "Latino Vibe." On Univision, Telemundo, Azteca America, and Telefutura, you hear our Spanish-speaking people mentioned as "Hispanics." On Myspace.com, I look at my friends' profiles, and I see the words "Hispanic/Latino" in the Ethnicity section. On Myspace there are also bulletins being posted about us being thought of as Latinos. There are also songs with these false identities in them like a rap song called "Latinos Unidos", by a rapper named Jae-P.
These 2 words are all over the place, and thats why our people are like, "Uh... OK, I'm Hispanic and Latino then." Our people go by these labels, but don't know the true meaning of them, because they don't take the time to look them up, and they think the "media" already did the research for them. The TRUTH HAS TO BE TOLD !!!!!!!!!!!! Mexicans, Central, and South Americans are Natives of this whole land just like Native Americans and First Nation people of Canada, so that means that all original inhabitants of this land are all "one race." Our people that come from the so-called Latin America , are Indigenous people of mixed blood. Here's an example...
In the Southern part of "North America", a tribe of Aztlanic origin(so-called Aztec) by the name of "Mexica(Me-shee-ka)", had built the most powerful empire in the Western Hemisphere. And in 1521 they had been conquered by pale-skinned, bearded, goofy-armored Europeans that won mostly by the help of surrounding tribes that hated the Mexica, and with biological warfare; Smallpox that the Spaniards used on the Mexica. After the conquest, a lot of Indigenous women in that area, had been raped by Spanish men from Europe. Their offsprings were Indigenous people with half European blood. This was almost 500 years ago. And after that perverted generation of disgusting Europeans had died, the half-breeds were interbreeding with each other, and with full bloods, and that resulted in adding more indigenous blood to the next offspring and so on. There are also full blooded indigenous people today who had an ancestor that had a Spanish last name added to their name, and that Spanish last name is still carried in their family.
So today, the majority of our blood is Indigenous. Rape is a crime, so the very little Spanish blood that the Europeans forced into us back then, does not belong to us! We are still Indigenous people! Today the Indigenous people of Mexico, Central, and South America live today under European influences like speaking Spanish, practicing European religions, and following European traditions. In 1577 the king of Spain passed a law that kept the indigenous people ignorant of their traditions, religion, language, culture, and history. The effect that this law made on the indigenous people of the future generations, kept them ignorant also of what they should've known, so they could've passed that knowledge down to their children, and their children's children. At the time that Southern "North America" was called New Spain, the customs that almost all the Indigenous people lived with, were the ways of the Spaniards. So today in what Europeans call "Latin America", there are indigenous people that still live with Spanish influences, but it does NOT mean we come from Spain. The minority of our people that are mostly Indigenous and don't look it, refuse to be known as Indigenous people that are related to Native Americans, and First Nation people of Canada. From the Spanish blood that they carry, some of our people look pale or dark and have thick eyebrows, or have round eyes, which makes them think that they are not indigenous.
At school I asked a few classmates what tribe they belonged to, and they said "What?... I aint no Indian man" I would ask them what they were then, and they would say "I'm Mexican." I extremely felt like slapping all of them for not knowing shit, but I couldn't blame them for their ignorance that came from the Spaniards making them that way. Here's the truth. If you've ever heard of the word "Germanic", you'll know that it's a descriptive word for the word German. A "Hispanic" is a Spaniard. A Spaniard comes from or belongs to the Southern European country of "Spain." If you take one of our people and send them to Spain, they won't be accepted as a white person because they are dark, and the Europeans know for a FACT that we Indigenous people are not related to them. "Latino" is Spanish for the word "Latin." The Latins are the southern Europeans that are culturally related and influenced by the Romans, the true speakers of the Latin Language. Why would our people call themselves Hispanic/Latino, and then refuse to be called white? It's the same shit! We are neither of those things, but our people claim to be Hispanic and Latino, when they don't even know that they are European labels. The second thing I said to my classmates was "If you take a full-blooded Navajo that spoke Spanish because they were in a World Language class, would you call them a Hispanic/Latino?" They said "No, because it doesn't make any sense!" Same thing goes for us people of what they call "Latin America", because it just sounds stupid! My dad comes from Mexico and has no European blood because he is a full-blooded Indigenous person, and he aint no European, so calling him a Hispanic/Latino is also idiotic. Cherokees have some white blood in them, but no one challenges their identity, and tells them that they are not indigenous! Full blood or mixed blood, We Are NOT Europeans! I know this information is hard for those of our people that are ignorant, to handle, but it's gotta be dealt with. Our people have got to wake up, and accept the truth that has been hidden from us for a long time. It's time for all indigenous people to unite, and accept the fact that we are one people. So people of mine... Ethnically cleanse yourselves and let go of those false labels the Spanish Europeans gave us, because we are...
INDIGENOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAGUAR PAW

Legendary Poster
Best answers
OOPS I forgot to mention that this was written by my friend Cuautemoch Tonaltzintli and I agree with him.

CaMbA_L?K?

Legendary Poster
Best answers
pichinilli you remember me a guy that wanted us all here on the forum to believe we are not latinos .... that the romans were the real latins, now we are the new latinos... its been too long for us to create this one culture called latino... with hispanic I agree it means from hispania (spain) but latinos is not a race it is a culture that unite all the spanish-speaking countries from mexico down to argentina...

Words change over time at the time of romans they spoke latin but they didn't call themselves latinos...whatever... the definition latino has a new meaning and this is our culture for example the word "empanada" is word for a food and every latino know it no matters where he comes from, Ive heard about argentinean ampanadas, bolivian empanadas, ecuadorian ampanadas etc. I don't know if there are also mexican ampanadas but I believe there are...

So what I want to say is that you can't say that the southern europeans are the real latinos... the spaniards are the real hispanic thats true but latinos?? I don't think so... You can not take an greek, an spaniard or even an italian and say to him to sing some bachata, some mariachi or to dance salsa, merengue or cumbia..

and you know why?? because this is la musica latina and they might know them but they don't know how to sing or how to dance it.

JAGUAR PAW

Legendary Poster
Best answers
pichinilli you remember me a guy that wanted us all here on the forum to believe we are not latinos .... that the romans were the real latins, now we are the new latinos... its been too long for us to create this one culture called latino... with hispanic I agree it means from hispania (spain) but latinos is not a race it is a culture that unite all the spanish-speaking countries from mexico down to argentina...

Words change over time at the time of romans they spoke latin but they didn't call themselves latinos...whatever... the definition latino has a new meaning and this is our culture for example the word "empanada" is word for a food and every latino know it no matters where he comes from, Ive heard about argentinean ampanadas, bolivian empanadas, ecuadorian ampanadas etc. I don't know if there are also mexican ampanadas but I believe there are...

So what I want to say is that you can't say that the southern europeans are the real latinos... the spaniards are the real hispanic thats true but latinos?? I don't think so... You can not take an greek, an spaniard or even an italian and say to him to sing some bachata, some mariachi or to dance salsa, merengue or cumbia..

and you know why?? because this is la musica latina and they might know them but they don't know how to sing or how to dance it.
Wrong.

JAGUAR PAW

Legendary Poster
Best answers
What would you like me say?You have submitted yourself and accepted this European term.

K

Kingsynz

lol...I would agree in a sense that i wouldnt want to be called a white person. Because as you said, there is Mexican and other races out there. The word latino in history is ment for something else as you say. But What Camba Loko said... We can't change what already changed. There is a new meaning behind it, and thats our people of latin Culture. Different era, even though it may not makes sense on a certain level. Its just like ebonics, bread=money...balls=testicles....chorizo=penis...and so on.

CaMbA_L?K?

Legendary Poster
Best answers
What would you like me say?You have submitted yourself and accepted this European term.
even the romans did'nt call themselves latins!! so the term latino has a new meaning.... whe you reply this look at the blue sentence right in front your eyes and tell me what do you read...ha????

JAGUAR PAW

Legendary Poster
Best answers
lol...I would agree in a sense that i wouldnt want to be called a white person. Because as you said, there is Mexican and other races out there. The word latino in history is ment for something else as you say. But What Camba Loko said... We can't change what already changed. There is a new meaning behind it, and thats our people of latin Culture. Different era, even though it may not makes sense on a certain level. Its just like ebonics, bread=money...balls=testicles....chorizo=penis...and so on.
You know what we call people like you A VENDIDO!!your accepting GENOCIDE and everything these Europeans brought upon us.So I guess we're just suppose to live with it huh.-Whats Latin Culture?

K

Kingsynz

Lets say Latin People not culture..that was a mistakin response or statement. You already know what Latino is about these days. It only makes sense to continue with what has changed. These things happen bro, what can you do, preach to us?..I would agree with you on the level of...Being called a whyte person because of the true meaning behind the word..but Didn't you say we were robbed?...Once you get robbed you can't take anything back...or can you?..If there was a name for LATINOS..that we made up ourselfs..what would that be?...I hope the higher ups can come up wit a new word that would be ours and hopefully they could convience ALL of LAtinos to change LATINO to the new word...just because the word has a true different meaning...I really can't see it happening though.

CaMbA_L?K?

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Latin culture... mmm Ok I dont know how explain it to you but here is something that maybe can... Ok firstly Im not mexican, im not chicano... im bolivian and im sure other latinos from other countries would agree with when they read this.. it was made to make latin ppl laugh but it doesn't mean that its not true...... trust me this is true... somethings are just stereotype but for some ppl its true..

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A LATINO IF...

- You have ever been spanked with chanclas.

- You have later been spanked with the plancha chord.

- You know your mom is sneaking up on you because you can hear her chanclas on the linoleum floor.

- Your mother yells at the top of her lungs to call you to dinner and you only live in a one bedroom apartment.

- You can get to your house blindfolded by the smell of the chuletas.

- You light a candle the night of the Lotto drawing.

- You get scared whenever someone mentions "el cucuuuuiii".

- You gone to the Pulga every weekend for years. Two points if you actually enjoy it!)

- You have gone to Tia's house and passed through the beaded curtain in the living room.

- You step into a house that has all those little figurines taking up every inch of space on/under the TV and you have a porcelain cat, dog, Buddha or elephant in your livingroom.

- You have plastic slipcovers on your sofas.

- You swear "Choco Mil" is the same as Slim Fast and try to lose weight by drinking it.

- You have a perpetually drunk uncle

- You know at least one person in your family named Maria, Carlos,Papo, Juan, Jose, Tony, Tito or Luis.

- You not only know who Don Francisco from Sabado Gigante is, but you tell people he's your tio.

- You have ever had to -beepiar- a friend on their pager.

- You have told your kid not to walk the floor barefoot or they'll catch a cold.

- You go to a wedding or Quiencienera, gossip about how bad the comida is, but be the first to take a plato to go.

- You drink all beer with limon and salt. (Two extra points for a splash of Tapatio)

- You have a chola in your barrio named "La Flaca: who's bigger than a house.

- You have a cousin named "Guero" who's darker than night.

- You know a chola named "La Shy Girl" who is loud and obnoxious.

- You've tried to bring a mango back to the US from Mexico, and a bonus point if you actually made it all the way home with it.

- You have sat in a two-passenger car with over seven people in it.

- You have at least TWO statues of saints in your house (and a bonus point if one of them La Virgen de Guadalupe).

- You get anothers attention by saying "chhh chhh" or "Pssssst."

- You drive a Cheby- (Chevy), an -Ohsmobeel- (Oldsmobile) or a Bolswahgon (VolksWagon)

- You call your sneakers -tenis- .

- Your car has fifteen speakers in it and you fix it every weekend.

And last, but not least...

- Your grandmother thinks she has the miracle cure for everything.

K

Kingsynz

Hey homes, everything that that thing says..happend to me..all those things really happend and i can relate without a doubt because they DID!...Why would I be confused about something that happned?
Maybe your ashamed that your Latino side was robbed from you. Yup that might be it..if it did..i can also relate..on a small level. But i feel some of your pain.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad