• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Hispanic/Latinos false identities

i live in the UK, i have been to spain, france, italy, holland, all the 'latin' countries, they dont call themselves 'latino' they hardly even use the term latin, they consider themselves white, when refering to someone from latino america they usually use the term 'latino' for a spanish speaking person of that area, when refering to a carribbean they usually use the term 'ladino' a person from latino america that does not speak spanish as their first tounge. they also use words like 'castizo, meztiso, lobo, zambo, creaole.............this all means a person from the americas.

"Hispanic/Latino: False Identities"

Today...
Many of our people in what Europeans call "Latin America", think that they are Hispanic and Latino. You hear these words a lot in the media, but our people from these so-called "Latin American" countries just hear these damn words on the radio, t.v., and see them in the newspaper, and they start to think that they are Hispanic and Latino. Our people are very ignorant of the truth, and that's really sad because they can't really think on their own, so the media does it for them. Here are some examples of the uses of these false labels. In Phoenix, AZ there is a newspaper written by our people that speak the Spanish language, called "Prensa Hispana" In Phoenix we also have a radio station called "Latino Vibe." On Univision, Telemundo, Azteca America, and Telefutura, you hear our Spanish-speaking people mentioned as "Hispanics." On Myspace.com, I look at my friends' profiles, and I see the words "Hispanic/Latino" in the Ethnicity section. On Myspace there are also bulletins being posted about us being thought of as Latinos. There are also songs with these false identities in them like a rap song called "Latinos Unidos", by a rapper named Jae-P.
These 2 words are all over the place, and thats why our people are like, "Uh... OK, I'm Hispanic and Latino then." Our people go by these labels, but don't know the true meaning of them, because they don't take the time to look them up, and they think the "media" already did the research for them. The TRUTH HAS TO BE TOLD !!!!!!!!!!!! Mexicans, Central, and South Americans are Natives of this whole land just like Native Americans and First Nation people of Canada, so that means that all original inhabitants of this land are all "one race." Our people that come from the so-called Latin America , are Indigenous people of mixed blood. Here's an example...
In the Southern part of "North America", a tribe of Aztlanic origin(so-called Aztec) by the name of "Mexica(Me-shee-ka)", had built the most powerful empire in the Western Hemisphere. And in 1521 they had been conquered by pale-skinned, bearded, goofy-armored Europeans that won mostly by the help of surrounding tribes that hated the Mexica, and with biological warfare; Smallpox that the Spaniards used on the Mexica. After the conquest, a lot of Indigenous women in that area, had been raped by Spanish men from Europe. Their offsprings were Indigenous people with half European blood. This was almost 500 years ago. And after that perverted generation of disgusting Europeans had died, the half-breeds were interbreeding with each other, and with full bloods, and that resulted in adding more indigenous blood to the next offspring and so on. There are also full blooded indigenous people today who had an ancestor that had a Spanish last name added to their name, and that Spanish last name is still carried in their family.
So today, the majority of our blood is Indigenous. Rape is a crime, so the very little Spanish blood that the Europeans forced into us back then, does not belong to us! We are still Indigenous people! Today the Indigenous people of Mexico, Central, and South America live today under European influences like speaking Spanish, practicing European religions, and following European traditions. In 1577 the king of Spain passed a law that kept the indigenous people ignorant of their traditions, religion, language, culture, and history. The effect that this law made on the indigenous people of the future generations, kept them ignorant also of what they should've known, so they could've passed that knowledge down to their children, and their children's children. At the time that Southern "North America" was called New Spain, the customs that almost all the Indigenous people lived with, were the ways of the Spaniards. So today in what Europeans call "Latin America", there are indigenous people that still live with Spanish influences, but it does NOT mean we come from Spain. The minority of our people that are mostly Indigenous and don't look it, refuse to be known as Indigenous people that are related to Native Americans, and First Nation people of Canada. From the Spanish blood that they carry, some of our people look pale or dark and have thick eyebrows, or have round eyes, which makes them think that they are not indigenous.
At school I asked a few classmates what tribe they belonged to, and they said "What?... I aint no Indian man" I would ask them what they were then, and they would say "I'm Mexican." I extremely felt like slapping all of them for not knowing shit, but I couldn't blame them for their ignorance that came from the Spaniards making them that way. Here's the truth. If you've ever heard of the word "Germanic", you'll know that it's a descriptive word for the word German. A "Hispanic" is a Spaniard. A Spaniard comes from or belongs to the Southern European country of "Spain." If you take one of our people and send them to Spain, they won't be accepted as a white person because they are dark, and the Europeans know for a FACT that we Indigenous people are not related to them. "Latino" is Spanish for the word "Latin." The Latins are the southern Europeans that are culturally related and influenced by the Romans, the true speakers of the Latin Language. Why would our people call themselves Hispanic/Latino, and then refuse to be called white? It's the same shit! We are neither of those things, but our people claim to be Hispanic and Latino, when they don't even know that they are European labels. The second thing I said to my classmates was "If you take a full-blooded Navajo that spoke Spanish because they were in a World Language class, would you call them a Hispanic/Latino?" They said "No, because it doesn't make any sense!" Same thing goes for us people of what they call "Latin America", because it just sounds stupid! My dad comes from Mexico and has no European blood because he is a full-blooded Indigenous person, and he aint no European, so calling him a Hispanic/Latino is also idiotic. Cherokees have some white blood in them, but no one challenges their identity, and tells them that they are not indigenous! Full blood or mixed blood, We Are NOT Europeans! I know this information is hard for those of our people that are ignorant, to handle, but it's gotta be dealt with. Our people have got to wake up, and accept the truth that has been hidden from us for a long time. It's time for all indigenous people to unite, and accept the fact that we are one people. So people of mine... Ethnically cleanse yourselves and let go of those false labels the Spanish Europeans gave us, because we are...
INDIGENOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like texas doesn't belong to mexico or any other country but the U.S., the U.S. doesn't belong to mexico and thats not going to change so stop trying to bring back the past. Things have changed now and pesonally I LOVE THE USA and i'm so happy my great grandparents chose to migrate here because just like everyone else has they wanted a BETTER LIFE, so please quit complaining and go be where you wanna be dude.

i live in the UK, i have been to spain, france, italy, holland, all the 'latin' countries, they dont call themselves 'latino' they hardly even use the term latin, they consider themselves white, when refering to someone from latino america they usually use the term 'latino' for a spanish speaking person of that area, when refering to a carribbean they usually use the term 'ladino' a person from latino america that does not speak spanish as their first tounge. they also use words like 'castizo, meztiso, lobo, zambo, creaole.............this all means a person from the americas.
man trust me I lived in spain in madrid for 6 months and everything I saw is enough to say that the spaniards themselves call us "los imigrantes latinos" and also we call us ourselves latinos for example when there are events organized by the latin community... they call it "la gran Fiesta Latina" and there are all latin music like salsa, merengue...but cumbia and bachata are the most wanted there because the most part of the latin immigrants there are ecuadorians, dominicans, colombians and bolvians. There are also salvadoreans, peruvans etc.....

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad

Back