• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Jury Duty

Are you guys retarded? Do you honestly think theyre going to send cops to your house for not reporting to jury duty? They mail those things and they cant even prove you receive them.

Only idiots who respond to those things actually go...

^^^ [lmao]

Has anyone had jury duty and what do you think about it? I had jury duty for the first time today.

I thought it was interesting to catch a little glimpse at how our legal system operates. I wasn't chosen for the case questioned for today, but I will return tomorrow.

I would like to be a juror for a murder case or something interesting like that. What are your thoughts?

I have been called up several times but have always gotten out of going. I just got a summons to go in mid February and have decided to go and see what it's all about. I would probably be a good juror for the defense because I'm very fair and would definitely have to believe beyond a reasonable doubt that someone was guilty before I voted them guilty. However, I do have my "messed up" ideas about things. If someone was on trial for weed possession or something like that I would probably vote them not guilty even with lots of evidence against them, just because I don't believe in that law itself and wouldn't want someone's future messed up over that issue. I don't think I could handle being on certain murder trials, rape or child molestation cases.

I have been called up several times but have always gotten out of going. I just got a summons to go in mid February and have decided to go and see what it's all about. I would probably be a good juror for the defense because I'm very fair and would definitely have to believe beyond a reasonable doubt that someone was guilty before I voted them guilty. However, I do have my "messed up" ideas about things. If someone was on trial for weed possession or something like that I would probably vote them not guilty even with lots of evidence against them, just because I don't believe in that law itself and wouldn't want someone's future messed up over that issue. I don't think I could handle being on certain murder trials, rape or child molestation cases.

Go. Definitely go.

Your views aren't messed up. Those are your views. All you can do is be honest when you are being interviewed by the plaintiff's and defendant's attorneys. Will your views prevent you from being selected to serve as a juror? Probably and probably not.

I was questioned for one case and it was a motor vehicle accident that happened like 10 years ago. Honestly, that was not very interesting to me.

Not to sound morbid or weird, but I would prefer to be involved with something a bit more substantive.

Recently, a co-worker of mine served as a juror for a double murder. Of course she could not elaborate on the case, but she was obviously a bit moved by the entire experience. I thought it was interesting.

Go. Definitely go.

Your views aren't messed up. Those are your views. All you can do is be honest when you are being interviewed by the plaintiff's and defendant's attorneys. Will your views prevent you from being selected to serve as a juror? Probably and probably not.

I was questioned for one case and it was a motor vehicle accident that happened like 10 years ago. Honestly, that was not very interesting to me.

Not to sound morbid or weird, but I would prefer to be involved with something a bit more substantive.

Recently, a co-worker of mine served as a juror for a double murder. Of course she could not elaborate on the case, but she was obviously a bit moved by the entire experience. I thought it was interesting.

My father was on a murder trial when I was a baby and voted the guy not guilty even though he obviously killed the man he was accused of killing. My Dad thought there were extenuating circustances and that the charges he could choose from didn't fit so he voted not guilty and hung the jury. He was the only one to vote not guilty. Later the man was retried and found guilty.

That kind of case is pretty heavy, but I'd rather see the "judicial workings" of something a little more interesting myself.

My father was on a murder trial when I was a baby and voted the guy not guilty even though he obviously killed the man he was accused of killing. My Dad thought there were extenuating circustances and that the charges he could choose from didn't fit so he voted not guilty and hung the jury. He was the only one to vote not guilty. Later the man was retried and found guilty.

That kind of case is pretty heavy, but I'd rather see the "judicial workings" of something a little more interesting myself.

Wow. A hung jury. Talk about going against the grain...

How our system works from a personal, hands-on perspective. Yep. That's why I decided to go and not throw away my summons card---this time. :o

If summoned again, though, I will jump at the chance.

I hope it all works out. And then you can tell us how it went right here.

Wow. A hung jury. Talk about going against the grain...

How our system works from a personal, hands-on perspective. Yep. That's why I decided to go and not throw away my summons card---this time. :o

If summoned again, though, I will jump at the chance.

I hope it all works out. And then you can tell us how it went right here.

I'll let you know, you too.

It's a deal. ;) Thanks for picking up on my thread.

Enjoyed the convo.

The story of the case my Dad jurored for is pretty interesting. I'll tell you more later, but it's kind of long and I'm going back and forth between work and this right now so I can't type anything very long and rambling, my nature's downfall.

Has anyone had jury duty and what do you think about it? I had jury duty for the first time today.

I thought it was interesting to catch a little glimpse at how our legal system operates. I wasn't chosen for the case questioned for today, but I will return tomorrow.

I would like to be a juror for a murder case or something interesting like that. What are your thoughts?
I got disqualified because I told the judge if someone has an ass whupping coming to the, I couldn't convict.

Enjoyed the convo.

The story of the case my Dad jurored for is pretty interesting. I'll tell you more later, but it's kind of long and I'm going back and forth between work and this right now so I can't type anything very long and rambling, my nature's downfall.

I enjoyed the convo too.

I would like to hear the rest of the story. Being responsible for hanging a jury definitely sounds interesting.

Look at it this way: TGIF. LOL.

I enjoyed the convo too.

I would like to hear the rest of the story. Being responsible for hanging a jury definitely sounds interesting.

Look at it this way: TGIF. LOL.

Yes, TGIF for sure! I tried to rep you but it's saying I gave out too much rep- but I haven't given out much? Oh well I'll try again later!

I guess jury duty is OK, if your work will pay you for being there...

I work at the City Library so no problem there. I've had school and things going on before- or things with my little girl, but I've been curious. 99% are probably mundane stuff like SoyCatracho was talking about, but I'll see. :)

Yes, TGIF for sure! I tried to rep you but it's saying I gave out too much rep- but I haven't given out much? Oh well I'll try again later!

Pffft. Excuses. :rolleyes: Just kidding. Whenever.

I guess jury duty is OK, if your work will pay you for being there...

I think most people's jobs pay for jury duty.

Jury Duty sucks, good cases are rare, and you probably won't get picked because your a minority, and your slightly insane.

I don't think Isabella is insane at all. She seems quite level-headed to me.

I work at the City Library so no problem there. I've had school and things going on before- or things with my little girl, but I've been curious. 99% are probably mundane stuff like SoyCatracho was talking about, but I'll see. :)

I tossed a few requests I've had and went for the first time 2 months ago, most people brought lap tops and passed the time that way.

It's definately not my cup-o-tea though.

That's kind of how I've envisioned it. I so hate just waiting. Will definitely take the laptop.

Definitely take the laptop. They had wifi access at my county's courthouse.

Oooohhhh! Wifi! :rolleyes: I know, but this is Georgia, so I was surprised.

With the laptop you can give a play by play for us here at BP.US.

The e-audience is listening.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad

Back