• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Latino = Italian

Italiano

Best answers
Being hateful and racist will eat you up inside. Living racist is not living at all.

Italiano

Best answers
By the way I'm doing a thesis on Roman Culture and the influence its had on history.

CaMbA_L?K?

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Italiano when I lived in Germany I had italian friends... and they got always crazy when they listened to daddy yankee, don omar or tego calderon... (if you don't who they are google them) and they always told me to burn the same songs for the... and they were always tryib to sing to the songs, since italian and spanish is very similar... and they never complained about us ppl from central or south america calling themselves latinos... they didn't even call themselves that...

Italiano

Best answers
Part of my thesis was going to be how Roman culture has influenced the modern world. I'm currently in Latin based languages. I just thought it was kind of funny that there was a whole culture of heavly Spanish influenced people that hate to be labeled Caucasian and want to known as Latino which is from the Romans.

CaMbA_L?K?

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I haven't heard from philipinos wanting to be known as latinos, since they were also colonized by the spaniards...

Italiano

Best answers
I have, ever watch boxing. Manny Pachio a Philipino openly calls himself latino.

Italiano

Best answers
Would that bother you if they did? So you wouldn't consider an Italian your latino brother.

Antonioslick

Best answers
I have, ever watch boxing. Manny Pachio a Philipino openly calls himself latino.

Philipinos have spanish blood in them right? Alot of them speak spanish.

And yes, what the other guy said. The name latino was made big by the south americans, and the caribeans with the culture.
Things have changed bro, your just going to have to deal with it.
They are the new latinos.

Judica

Best answers
Oh my!

If you were indeed of the actual Romans, then someone would have known about the sewer systems and aqueducts throughout the capital ... this knowledge would not have "disappeared" and there wouldn't have been 1600 plagues in Europe.

Also, if you knew anything about history there was a mini revolt in what is now Italy due to the Romans refusing to give Italian Princes Roman citizenship. So Italian does not equal Roman.

Sorry, the real Romans were killed off & replaced by the invading Germanic tribes (aka Barbarians) as Rome crumbled. Did some survive? Probably but not large populations. Also remember Rome was a vast empire, not simply Italy.

As for being called Latino, well a bunch of Euros came up with that just as they came up with invisible country boundaries, so I'm not certain why you are complaining?

LaRicanRarity

Experienced Poster
Best answers
Latino is Puerto Ricans,Mexicans,Dominicans,Cubanos,all of us ask anyone who are Latinos and that is what they will tell you.Y'all take stuff from others now stuff is taken from y'all. :)

Flo Ro

Best answers
Latin yes....Latino no (not in the modern sense)

Real Latinos come from Italy. I don't even consider Spanish to be Latino. Latino comes from the Romans (Italian) which spoke Latin. My Parents both came from Italy and I consider myself 100% Latino. Why do Mexicans and Hispanics consider themselves Latino?

I see where your coming from really I do but you are confusing two completly different things. You are wanting to denote yourself as "Latino" b/c or the originality of where the word comes from.

The Southern European countries (i.e.: Spain, Italy, Portugal, France) is originally where the culture and language of "Latin" comes from. So in all essence of the word I agree with you wanting to classiy yourself as "Latin" bc you are in a sense entitled to it.

HOWEVER, in this part of the world the modern use of the word "LATINO" is used to describe a geographical location of LATIN AMERICA as well as their inhabitants and descendants (i.e. Latinos).

Any of the countries in "The New World" that was originally colonized by Spain, Portugal (IMO), France (And that's still highly debateble) are considerd Latin America b/c of colonization from the countries of Southern Europe.

I see what ur saying and wanting to classify urself as Latin but not Latino. It would not make sense because you are not a descendant of Latin America but rather the Latin part of Europe which in turn make sense in you wanting to classify yourself as Latin.

And trust me I would know, my grandfather was Italian (from Italy) and never once did he claim himself as "Latin" but puro italiano.

Just understand where the two derive from and how they differ. Get it?

Best answers
True. The thing is, it's the US who lumped a very diverse group (made up of many different race ethnicity/language culture) of people from a region called "Latin America." Threw the Hispanic and Latino label on them. It's used to target them for voting and advertisement. The thing is, many people from this region would prefer this label and would deny their Indigenous or African roots. It's the true Hispanics and Latinos (Europeans) that were oppressing many of their ancestors, and now they're accepting to be labeled after them. Funny and sad, huh?

Best answers
Real Latinos come from Italy. I don't even consider Spanish to be Latino. Latino comes from the Romans (Italian) which spoke Latin. My Parents both came from Italy and I consider myself 100% Latino. Why do Mexicans and Hispanics consider themselves Latino?
listen italy spain and portugal are latin and so are latin america we all speak latin and have dark tan or brown skin.

mirna

Best answers
que pregunta!! italia, francia, espana, usan el mismo latin!! esta chica no sabe na

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad