• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

ugly people more likely to turn to crime

Dark Mexican

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Washington --

Not only are physically unattractive teenagers likely to be stay-at-homes on prom night, they're also more likely to grow up to be criminals, say two economists who tracked the life course of young people from high school through early adulthood.

"We find that unattractive individuals commit more crime in comparison to average-looking ones, and very attractive individuals commit less crime in comparison to those who are average-looking," say Naci Mocan of the University of Colorado and Erdal Tekin of Georgia State University.
Mocan and Tekin analyzed data from a federally sponsored survey of 15,000 high schoolers. One question asked interviewers to rate the physical appearance of the student on a five-point scale ranging from "very attractive" to "very unattractive."
These economists found that the long-term consequences of being young and ugly were small but consistent. Cute guys were uniformly less likely than averages would indicate to have committed seven crimes, including burglary and selling drugs, while the unhandsome were consistently more likely to have broken the law. Other studies have shown that unattractive men and women are less likely to be hired, and that they earn less money than the better-looking. Such inferior circumstances may steer some to crime, Mocan and Tekin suggest.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Washington --

Not only are physically unattractive teenagers likely to be stay-at-homes on prom night, they're also more likely to grow up to be criminals, say two economists who tracked the life course of young people from high school through early adulthood.

"We find that unattractive individuals commit more crime in comparison to average-looking ones, and very attractive individuals commit less crime in comparison to those who are average-looking," say Naci Mocan of the University of Colorado and Erdal Tekin of Georgia State University.
Mocan and Tekin analyzed data from a federally sponsored survey of 15,000 high schoolers. One question asked interviewers to rate the physical appearance of the student on a five-point scale ranging from "very attractive" to "very unattractive."
These economists found that the long-term consequences of being young and ugly were small but consistent. Cute guys were uniformly less likely than averages would indicate to have committed seven crimes, including burglary and selling drugs, while the unhandsome were consistently more likely to have broken the law. Other studies have shown that unattractive men and women are less likely to be hired, and that they earn less money than the better-looking. Such inferior circumstances may steer some to crime, Mocan and Tekin suggest.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol.. more like people wit low self esteem are likely to do more crazy shit and people that hurt others are the real ugly people.. but being a criminal has nothin to do with physical attraction or how ugly you are physically? eh?

Last edited:

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
that probly written by sum crazy white guy...i tell ya...lol..damnn...tupac was a criminal...did he ever thought he was ugly? lmao...

ima tell ya...ima pretty bad ass outlaw..i'd probly kill for food..and i dont think im ugly...(probly inside we all gotta ugly side but thats not the point!)

PLUS...I'MA SEXY MOTHAFUCKER

Dark Mexican

Legendary Poster
Best answers
lol oh lord bro u crack me up lol sometimes i just dont no where they get there info from lol.

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
lol oh lord bro u crack me up lol sometimes i just dont no where they get there info from lol.

they being judgmental.....they live to talk bout ignorance when they never dealt wit the problem...

lol....i found that funny because that really has nothin to do wit being unattractive...being lonely..YES...low self esteem is the real problem..thats mainly kids that become anti-social because they dont relate with the world..but it doesnt mean they feel unattractive..thats bullshitlol..

but ts the white kids that love to blow up schools..soo you do the math..

w3tt0

Best answers
didnt mean to dig up this old shit, but this is fucked up, but i mean a lot of people who are in prison are ugly, of course prison can make you ugly, but still. this shit makes sense, it's easier to be happier if your better looking, more acceptence from society, dates come easier, etc. imagine being truly ugly and then growing up in a community that influences crime, that's not a good combo. i'm sure there's many stories to defeat that story and my one, but my younger cousin grew up in southeast los and other area's a like, he's very attractive and has done some minor law breaking but never joined the streets, girls love him, and i think that is what has helped him. It's shallow but, it's true in many cases. We live in a extremely superficial society / country / world / life. People don't even notice sometimes how shallow they are being. Caring about what is only obvious, it's easy to understand even though of how silly it sounds, how it can pressure people and make matters worse to the point of where thing's cannot become much worse. It's a very intense ugly feeling to be unattractive in a soceity that expects you to be attractive. I thought about this long before, when i was thinking about my cousin, and what thing's helped him.

HomeyG

Legendary Poster
Best answers
this is pretty old but im not really attractive myself.. and i think that the ugly people commit crimes because they grew up with alot of bullshit i mean the cute people laughing at the ugly people and i think thats fucked the cute people are the ugly ones i know this guy hes not attractive to girls but he a cool guy and everyone is so mean to them people forget what the word cool means it means being cool to others and yourself,,

*Super Mayra*

Legendary Poster
Best answers
This Is Kinda Funney And Not True....wtf I Know Alot Of People That Are Not Even Ugley That Do Crimes And Alot Of Other Stupid Things...plus I Know People That Are Kinda Ugley And They Seem To Be The Nice Quiet Ones...not All Of Them Tho...lol

Godruigez

Best answers
I'm as pretty as an Hawaiian sunset, but won't hesitate to fuck a boy up who crosses me. Looks can be deceiving .
Godruigez is Born.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad