• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

Obama for President?

Observer

Experienced Poster
Best answers
Wikipedia is your savior.
I already knew what this idiot would say about Carter and the "hostage crisis"; it's one of the biggest knocks right-winged dullards use to beat up on Carter's administration. But I also knew that there were US hostages that were held for a longer period under Reagan than the hostages in Iran under Carter--and the Beirut hostages were released through negotiation; no John Wayne rescue. lol Just because you use wiki as crutch, doesn't mean everyone else is as clueless as you. lol I set this boob from jump street, and now all he can say is "I dig your in depth analysis."

The moron goes on about the hostage crisis during Carter's term as President that lasted just over a year and how it marks him as the worst president, but he forgets, or is ignorant of the hostages held in Beirut for years under the Reagan and papa Bush administrations.

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I already knew what this idiot would say about Carter and the "hostage crisis"; it's one of the biggest knocks right-winged dullards use to beat up on Carter's administration. But I also knew that there were US hostages that were held for a longer period under Reagan than the hostages in Iran under Carter--and the Beirut hostages were released through negotiation; no John Wayne rescue. lol Just because you use wiki as crutch, doesn't mean everyone else is as clueless as you. lol I set this boob from jump street, and now all he can say is "I dig your in depth analysis."

The moron goes on about the hostage crisis during Carter's term as President that lasted just over a year and how it marks him as the worst president, but he forgets, or is ignorant of the hostages held in Beirut for years under the Reagan and papa Bush administrations.

I thought you were 17, now I'm thinking you are 10 with your whole "but he did it too" line of defense.
I was talking about Carter- stay on topic (if you want to talk about Reagan (the man who cleaned up Jimmy's mess I'd be happy to- start a thread about it)
I guess we just won't talk about the energy crisis and gas shortages... you do remember sitting in the back of your mom's car waiting in line for 45 minutes for gas right?

ElDominicano

Legendary Poster
Best answers

Instead of making clear and concise points that are based off of your original opinions and analyses, you choose to simply state historical facts most people cannot remember because frankly 6th grade social studies was a long, long, long time ago. Then you try to pass yourself off as a history buff when in actuality google is your professor. This is your lame attempt to come off as intelligent, when the truth is, everything you say is a huge, big, load of JARGON.

Observer

Experienced Poster
Best answers
What defense?

This whole discussion started when

I said: "I don't see how Obama could be any worse than the other candidates."

You said: unfortunately that was the same dumb line of thinking that got Jimmy "Peanut" Carter elected.

I said: And the country went through no major changes with Carter. He wasn't any worse or better than his predecessors.

You're too dumb or too partisan to see that I'm not "defending" Carter; I'm just pointing out the fact that he's, by and large, no worse or better than any other president. You wanted to use the Iran Hostage Crisis to make your point. Now when I point out that the darling of the Right--Reagan--also had hostages on his watch, and for a longer period of time, you want to cry about something else. Face it, I baited you and you fell for it. I know you idiots love to blast Carter of over the Iran, and I also know about Reagan's response to hostages on his watch. lol

Observer

Experienced Poster
Best answers
Instead of making clear and concise points that are based off of your original opinions and analyses, you choose to simply state historical facts most people cannot remember because frankly 6th grade social studies was a long, long, long time ago. Then you try to pass yourself off as a history buff when in actuality google is your professor. This is your lame attempt to come off as intelligent, when the truth is, everything you say is a huge, big, load of JARGON.
Not sure what you're babbling about, but I think you're jealous and hating. You're clearly running along after my posts--that aren't even addressed to you--trying to talk shit. I must have really hurt your feelings.
Just read more, and hopefully in the not so distant future, you won't be as ignorant as you are now. :)

ElDominicano

Legendary Poster
Best answers
What defense?

You said: unfortunately that was the same dumb line of thinking that got Jimmy "Peanut" Carter elected.

I said: And the country went through no major changes with Carter. He wasn't any worse or better than his predecessors.

You're too dumb or too partisan to see that I'm not "defending" Carter; I'm just pointing out the fact that he's, by and large, no worse or better than any other president. You wanted to use the Iran Hostage Crisis to make your point. Now when I point out that the darling of the Right--Reagan--also had hostages on his watch, and for a longer period of time, you want to cry about something else. Face it, I baited you and you fell for it. I know you idiots love to blast Carter of over the Iran, and I also know about Reagan's response to hostages on his watch. lol

Your simple, so you get a simple response.
Khomeini Regime=Radicalism.
If you can't see that, then I understand your blind praise for Mr. Carter.

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
What defense?

I said: And the country went through no major changes with Carter. Energy crisis and gas crisis He wasn't any worse or better than his predecessors.

OK, lets go real s-l-o-w

when YOU said "And the country went through no major changes with Carter. He wasn't any worse or better than his predecessors."

I am telling you that you are dead wrong... Our country went through the worst energy crisis in modern time (maybe even ever), gas shortage, recession, "crap" products, etc.
Such was not the case during Reagan and Clinton's presidential terms.

well I guess it will be for others to decide who was "right"

But anyways...

Last edited:

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
beyond the walls of intellegence...life is defined
i think of crime when im in a NY state of mind!

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
lmao! my bad..i was listenin to Nas when i was scrollin this thread...

carry on...

Observer

Experienced Poster
Best answers
Your simple, so you get a simple response.
Khomeini Regime=Radicalism.
If you can't see that, then I understand your blind praise for Mr. Carter.
You're just dying to be involved.
So much so, that you're willing to make an idiot out of yourself. :)

OK, lets go real s-l-o-w

when YOU said "And the country went through no major changes with Carter. He wasn't any worse or better than his predecessors."

I am telling you that you are dead wrong... Our country went through the worst energy crisis in modern time (maybe even ever), gas shortage, recession, "crap" products, etc.
Such was not the case during Reagan and Clinton's presidential terms.

well I guess it will be for others to decide who was "right"

But anyways...
Actually, the "energy crisis" you are talking about started before Carter's term--during the Nixon administration--and lasted through it. But since you disagree, why don't you provide an in depth analysis of why you think it started during Carter's term. But you wont, because you're a partisan boob who seems to enjoy getting e-punked by a 10 year old.

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers

Actually, the "energy crisis" you are talking about started before Carter's term--during the Nixon administration--and lasted through it. But since you disagree, why don't you provide an in depth analysis of why you think it started during Carter's term. But you wont, because you're a partisan boob who seems to enjoy getting e-punked by a 10 year old.

I'm partisan? nah I'm American. I like Reagan and I like W. Clinton

Observer

Experienced Poster
Best answers
Actually, the "energy crisis" you are talking about started before Carter's term--during the Nixon administration--and lasted through it. But since you disagree, why don't you provide an in depth analysis of why you think it started during Carter's term.
I'm partisan? nah I'm American. I like Reagan and I like W. Clinton
lol
just what I thought.

Don't look now, but you just pretty mush STFU! :)

scott brown

Best answers
Good question. Anything is possible. Is he the right one? I don't know. He's a little light on experience. But, maybe we need that. a fresh face and a new perspective.

I agree oskr. I'm glad he was elected and that I get to have him as the president as a member of Congress.

scott brown

Best answers
don't forget the skin heads

how bout these guys, are they racist?

How about them?

so which prison gangs would you say are NOT racist?

Black Panthers were not and are not a prison gang as far as the history books I've read. They were not even racist according to their creed although they may have had racist members they even had a white branch of the party and one of their founding members, Bobby Seale, dated Jane Fonda who was and is white.

There were and are racist groups in all corners of society, but by nature and constitution, they were not. At least the ones in the 60's and 70's.

grape ape

Legendary Poster
Best answers

Actually, the "energy crisis" you are talking about started before Carter's term--during the Nixon administration--and lasted through it. But since you disagree, why don't you provide an in depth analysis of why you think it started during Carter's term. But you wont, because you're a partisan boob...

i'd be interested to hear that question answered by troof as well. nice.

blueman group

Best answers
Black Panthers were not and are not a prison gang as far as the history books I've read. They were not even racist according to their creed although they may have had racist members they even had a white branch of the party and one of their founding members, Bobby Seale, dated Jane Fonda who was and is white.

There were and are racist groups in all corners of society, but by nature and constitution, they were not. At least the ones in the 60's and 70's.

Good answer and I see you know your history.

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad