• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

true american????????

panek

Best answers

anwser me this who is an american? a person how is a u.s. citizen or a person who, from canada to the bottom tip of chile, was born on the american continient? because we do say ' THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA' it is a phrase that is lossly used.

Cain

Best answers
America is not just the U.S.A. It is the New World, in other words.. the western part of the globe.

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
anwser me this who is an american? a person how is a u.s. citizen or a person who, from canada to the bottom tip of chile, was born on the american continient? because we do say ' THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA' it is a phrase that is lossly used.

An American is a person who is a US citizen. United States of American is to long.

Mexican citizens are not Americans. Brazlians are not Americans. Canadians are not Americans. North Americans or South Americans, maybe.

Do White Russians call themselves Asians? Be kinda stupid and confusing huh.

The whole world knows this already.

panek

Best answers
An American is a person who is a US citizen. United States of American is to long.

Mexican citizens are not Americans. Brazlians are not Americans. Canadians are not Americans. North Americans or South Americans, maybe.

so what your saying we should make it clear to call ourselves north americans but did you forget that at the beginnig it was only refered as america and that the map makers of the time chose to make the change to make it easier for sailors of the time so it was only changed out of conviences just like when they make a new road or a street border or even a country

Cain

Best answers

Not confusing at all.

Do American citizens call themselves Americans? No, they call themselves White, Black, Cuban, Peruvian, etc. Truly, every western nation is American.

Do Brazilians call themselves South American even though they are? They call themselves Brazilian. Do Cubans call themselves Caribbean? No, people call themselves by their nationality and its always been that way for the Americas unless you are white or black, seeing that most whites come from multiple European countries and most blacks dont even know what African countries they came from.

If you go to a European country and ask a person what race they are, they'll answer like a latino and answer by their nationality.

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Not confusing at all.

Do American citizens call themselves Americans? No, they call themselves White, Black, Cuban, Peruvian, etc. Truly, every western nation is American.

Do Brazilians call themselves South American even though they are? They call themselves Brazilian. Do Cubans call themselves Caribbean? No, people call themselves by their nationality and its always been that way for the Americas unless you are white or black, seeing that most whites come from multiple European countries and most blacks dont even know what African countries they came from.

If you go to a European country and ask a person what race they are, they'll answer like a latino and answer by their nationality.

No man, Americans call themselves American when asked what citizenship they are.

Now if someone ask you what your nationality, race or ethnicity you are then thats a different story.

Cain

Best answers
No man, Americans call themselves American when asked what citizenship they are.

Now if someone ask you what your nationality, race or ethnicity you are then thats a different story.

Nobody asks people what citizenship they are unless they are trying to deport you, I was talking about when people ask you what your race is. Nobody answers with "American", unless you're me, I just call myself an American and leave it at that.

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
so what your saying we should make it clear to call ourselves north americans but did you forget that at the beginnig it was only refered as america and that the map makers of the time chose to make the change to make it easier for sailors of the time so it was only changed out of conviences just like when they make a new road or a street border or even a country

We have the options of calling ourselves Earthlins, North Americans, Americans, Mexican Americans etc etc.

Times change, hell once, the whole world were all Africans.

panek

Best answers

not unless you are me when the INS asks me here in texas when i travel i say that i am an earthlean that no matter where i live or what language i speak or what food i eat or what god i pray to i am an earthly because there is no other planet that i can call home

Last edited:

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers

an American is a person from the United States of America.

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
not unless you are me when the INS asks me here in texas when i travel i say that i am an earthlean that no matter where i live or what language i speak or what food i eat or what god i pray to i am an earthly because there is no other planet that i can call home

So you think Canadians and Mexicans should call themselves Americans too?

Budguy68

Legendary Poster
Best answers
i wonder why Mexico has a team called america.

I wonder why the United States has a Team called the 'Indians' and hell I ever heard a high school team who were called the 'Aztecs' and the Mascot was dressed like those guys who do the chicken dance.

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
if people from africa call themselves "africans" and people from europe call themselves "european" and people from asia call themselves "Asian"....what does people of america[our continent] call themselves? native americans?

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad