• Create Account

In less than 1 min, By registering, you'll be able to discuss, chat, share and private message with other members of our community. All 100% free

SignUp Now!

What do ya'll think...???

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
I know a lot of parents out there are way over worked- they are busting their humps to make ends meet. I respect anybody who puts in an honest days work.
But maybe on the drive to Wal Mart (or wherever) the parent can turn the radio off and talk. You HAVE to stay involved in the childs life.

It's unfortunate but it seems like family dinners (sitting around the table, how was your day? type stuff) are becoming a thing of the past.

simon simon i know what ur saying but its gotten 2 the point where me and my mom well that "bond:" aint there no more everytime i think about telling her something i feel this lump in my throath its like idk i love her w/ all my heart but idk i just dont feel comfortable telling her something i would tell my homie u know its hard it makes me wanna cry sometimes yea they are becoming something of the past if i ever hav ekids ima have fam dinners and all that like back in the day lol

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
i lost my virginity when i waz 13, but that dont mean i had a bad mom, my mom did everything she could to keep me out the street, but it waz my decision to go and do it ..ya'll have to relize that if he/she REALLY wants to do it then there going to and theres NUTTIN u can do to stop them . its dum sumtime , but we dont see it like that ....yea teens make mistakes but thats part of growing up

I don't know your mom, so I'm not trying to judge her, but NO my 13 year old is NOT going to be doing whatever he/she wants... 13 year olds doing what they want... not on my watch!

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
you know what I like about your attitude Mr. U? You see where your relationship w/ your mom is not perfect (who's is right?) and you look at the ways you could do things different (instead of making the same "mistakes") when you get your chance to be a parent.

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
You HAVE to stay involved in the childs life

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, thas really gonna stop teens from havin sex...100%.

lets be realistic now..c'mon...

brina_bre4lyfe

Experienced Poster
Best answers
damm thatz the same w/ me my momz alwayz there for me b-cuz she dont want me or any one to live like that i cant juge any one be me soo i just pray for them some gurls r like that over here i mean i get a long w/ every one but there r some gurlz dont like me b-cuz i went w/ this one guy and were not together any more but he wont go w/ they so they hate on me but o well

man w/e fuck'en they just haters ....cant no1 juge you cuz they dont kno wat u been threw....everythime i do sumthing fucked up theres a reason behind it ..just cuz it look 1 way dont mean thats how it really iz, and if u do sumthing fucked up its on you WHY they up in ur shit anyways>>> damn i bet ur POPULAR to have people worring bout you.. lol

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
^^ lol but shes got a point when a person gots it in their head that there gonna do something there GONNA do it me entiendes as a parent u ther 4 them through their rights and wrongs u know u got 2 understand they aint perfect just like u,i ,and everybody else in thsi world aint perfect

brina_bre4lyfe

Experienced Poster
Best answers
I don't know your mom, so I'm not trying to judge her, but NO my 13 year old is NOT going to be doing whatever he/she wants... 13 year olds doing what they want... not on my watch!

ummmm...i hate to break dis 2 u but yea they will......maybe not when ur ther but they gonna do wat they want...no it might not be when he/she iz 13 ... but when they ready and REALLYwant to do it they will ....im sorry if this is a shock to u ..but parents cant realy control their kids , they can only influence them

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah, thas really gonna stop teens from havin sex...100%.

lets be realistic now..c'mon...

realistic? so NOT being involved in what your kids are doing is the solution? Yeah that approach seems to be working out well for the Latino community. Let's have some more pregnant teenagers.

Excuses block solutions.

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
ummmm...i hate to break dis 2 u but yea they will......maybe not when ur ther but they gonna do wat they want...no it might not be when he/she iz 13 ... but when they ready and REALLYwant to do it they will ....im sorry if this is a shock to u ..but parents cant realy control their kids , they can only influence them

I hate to break it too you but if you was my kid, I'd drive you to school and pick you up and lock you in your room if I had too. there's ALWAYS something you can do!

DoeMemba

Legendary Poster
Best answers
realistic? so not being involved in what your kids is doing is the solution? Yeah that approach seems to be working out well for the Latino community. Let's have some more pregnant teenagers.

Excuses block solutions.

'so not being involved in the kid's doing is the solution'....wowowow ok..when they did i say that parents shouldn't be involve? don't you see what i'm sayin? the reality is, no matter how involved we become in our KIDS life..there always gonna do whatever they want to...and even if you pressure them into not havin sex, thats gonna make them want to try it MORE. the best solution will be to keep your children aware of sex and how babies are brought up! make them responsible of their own choices. as a parent that's your job.
you can't have your kid locked up like a juvinile for the rest of his/hers teenage life...because when your a teen, youre more curious than ever and you can't control your sex drives, it is part of evolution.
Just show them how babies are created and how to properly use a condom...keep them aware

Excuses block solutions.

u know for a smart guy...ur pretty funny

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Doe, I think we are saying the same things. All those things you listed like talking to your child about sex and condoms etc... that's what I mean by being involved in your kids life. Of course nothing is 100% (except death and taxes), but the more involved you are with your kids/communicate and listen to them the less likely they will get "off course".

Locking them in their room, that's a last ditch effort! lol.

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
you know what I like about your attitude Mr. U? You see where your relationship w/ your mom is not perfect (who's is right?) and you look at the ways you could do things different (instead of making the same "mistakes") when you get your chance to be a parent.

thank u its cause i see the mistakes ive made the ones parents made i see my homies in the streets some of they parenst r real fuke dup and i see what that doe sto the kids and well fuk that i dont want my kids 2 grow up and make the same mistakes i did like i always say "theres no better experience thatn life itself" and "the are no better lessons than the ones life itself teaches u"

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
'so not being involved in the kid's doing is the solution'....wowowow ok..when they did i say that parents shouldn't be involve? don't you see what i'm sayin? the reality is, no matter how involved we become in our KIDS life..there always gonna do whatever they want to...and even if you pressure them into not havin sex, thats gonna make them want to try it MORE. the best solution will be to keep your children aware of sex and how babies are brought up! make them responsible of their own choices. as a parent that's your job.
you can't have your kid locked up like a juvinile for the rest of his/hers teenage life...because when your a teen, youre more curious than ever and you can't control your sex drives, it is part of evolution.
Just show them how babies are created and how to properly use a condom...keep them aware

u know for a smart guy...ur pretty funny

but the more we ARE involded in their lives the less the chances of them running in the streets 4 the support we dint giv ethem me entiendes like i said if a kid or person gots it in their mind 2 do something there GONNA do it BUT we as parents should provid ethem w/ advice and support instead of trying 2 rule their lives i mean after all its tHEIR lives but yet we have 2 at the same time for 18 yrs we have the time 2 teach them what 2 do an d what not to do me entiendes we or they might fuk up down the road but ey thats what mistakes r in the end - lessons; we have 2 learn 4rm them

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
thank u its cause i see the mistakes ive made the ones parents made i see my homies in the streets some of they parenst r real fuke dup and i see what that doe sto the kids and well fuk that i dont want my kids 2 grow up and make the same mistakes i did like i always say "theres no better experience thatn life itself" and "the are no better lessons than the ones life itself teaches u"

Right, see you can't teach a kid better, if you don't know no better! That's why the viscious cycle continues.

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
...you can't have your kid locked up like a juvinile for the rest of his/hers teenage life...because when your a teen, youre more curious than ever and you can't control your sex drives, it is part of evolution.

right right i mean we cant "rule" over them we just have a "parent sense of authority" over them all we can do is like u said keep them aware then the rest is up 2 them u know things happen 4 a reason only God knows y

truthBtold

Legendary Poster
Best answers
but the more we ARE involded in their lives the less the chances of them running in the streets 4 the support we dint giv ethem me entiendes like i said if a kid or person gots it in their mind 2 do something there GONNA do it BUT we as parents should provid ethem w/ advice and support instead of trying 2 rule their lives i mean after all its tHEIR lives but yet we have 2 at the same time for 18 yrs we have the time 2 teach them what 2 do an d what not to do me entiendes we or they might fuk up down the road but ey thats what mistakes r in the end - lessons; we have 2 learn 4rm them

at least someone knows what I'm talking about! :)

If you lead by example and talk to them, they are going to make a lot more right decisions than wrong.

Lets don't put having a baby in the same category as stealing a candy bar- there seems to be an atittude like "it's no big deal"

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
Right, see you can't teach a kid better, if you don't know no better! That's why the viscious cycle continues.

simon i mean 2 b able 2 change(drug addict, thug,angered person,ect) u have 2 WANT the change an dsometimes we have 2 go through certain thigs 2 b a ble 2 want that change and thats were lifes lessons come in like i said the Lord knows y he does things mayb its so that we see what our parents mistakes r and so that we dont make the sam emistakes w/ OUR kids but yet at the same time we have 2 realize our mistakes sometimes we dont see something as wrong cause thats what we were brought up w/ me entiednes denial and once again life's lessons come in we have 2 go through certain things 2 REALIZE our mistakes me entiendes

Mr Unique

Legendary Poster
Best answers
at least someone knows what I'm talking about! :)

If you lead by example and talk to them, they are going to make a lot more right decisions than wrong.

Lets don't put having a baby in the same category as stealing a candy bar- there seems to be an atittude like "it's no big deal"
lol simon simon^^ i mean they ARE gonna fuk up but they way they r raised has alot 2 do w/ it i mean stick a vato in the streets w/ some fuke dup parents and stick some1 in a suite w/ some warmhearted "perfect"(no1 is perfect but lets let our imaginations run a lil bit)parents theyre gonna grow up way different me entiendes 1 is gonna know that stealing is wrong the other 1 is gonna know its wrong but he's seen it in his enviorment his whole life he's gonna think its not that big of a deal but then again some of us are gonna b 'given" the experience of living th ewrong way of life and i believe those r the truly gifted ones because those have seen that certain "way of life" and they learn 2 have love 4 the ppl fuking up(after u realize ur mistakes) and then they know what its like so they can teach the young ones not 2 do what "he" did

Registrarse / Join The Forum

Proud Sponsor

Ad